St. Kateri Tekakwitha Comments

Saint Kateri Tekakwitha, Virgin, was canonized on 10/21/2012 by Pope Benedict XVI. Kateri was born near the town of Auriesville, New York, in the year 1656, the daughter of a Mohawk warrior. She was four years old when her mother died of smallpox. The disease also attacked Kateri and transfigured her face. She was adopted by her two aunts and an uncle. Kateri became converted as a teenager. She was baptized at the age of twenty and incurred ... Continue Reading

1. Rebecca

I just attended Mass in Sutton's Bay, Mich., The church is in Pashawbetown, and it is called Blessed Kateri.

I am so taken with her life, and try to spread her holiness to as many people as possible. Also, will start a Novena to her to heal our broken family.

2. Joseph santiago CMF

God works wonder through simple and humble peeple like kateri. What a good heart for those who looked after her after the death of her mother. After baptism she was helping others....I am so moved...She was a good girl. St. Kiteri pray for us..

3. Sandra

I would like to share this story...happened from February 22, 2011 through March 23, 2011. My sister Nadine was in a car accident on a winter's eve of February 22nd of this year. Her and her boyfriend of several years were traveling on road less traveled and a horse darted in front of their truck they were riding in. The horse came from the driver side of the vehicle, was struck, and landed on the passenger side of the window. My sister was thrown to the floor of the truck where she received facial lacerations as well as sustaining head injuries (head trauma). During her stay in the hospital near Phoenix, AZ, due to her severe head injuries she lost her memory and not knowing where she was. Although alert when spoken to but couldn't recall any activity/individuals/place/etc. She slept most of the time and she began dreaming of one of our local tribal members whom is Catholic coming to pray for her; and then in the next dream she brought a Indian lady, and introduce her as Kateri Tekawitha. My sister recalls her dream after she came through from this coma state, that this woman named Kateri would come and pray for her and bless her every night, and feed her mush (cornmeal) and encouraged her to eat so she can get better. During her stay at the hospital, she wouldn't eat although we tried to feed her, we became worried. But all that time she said she wasn't hungry, and all that time Kateri was feeding her and blessing her. My sister came through and started remembering us on March 20th 2011, and all that time Kateri was with her. My sister and I are not of the Catholic faith, but we were blessed that this kind woman, Kateri, made my sister well. To this day, my sister is well and happy. God Bless this Kateri woman.

4. jim

I once met a woman,outside of church,with a stunning resemblance,to blessed Kateri, She was blind,and was named after Kateri. She gave me advice I did not follow,and lost an important article. Blessed Kateri please save this environment,pray for us.

5. Joseph Mathew

Dear Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha, Please pray for us, who struggle the protect the enviornment and try to maintain a natural way of life!

6. mike holmes

i wish to attribute many unexplained blessings in my life to Kateri. I discovered her whilst interning in North America as an ecologist off all things.I had no idea she was a patron of the environment.There is an amazing power of prayer to this Lady,and some spiritual conflict during and after Her intercession. Beatification should not be far away but the nature of Kateri will perservere until respective principles of managing the earths resources are pracriced. The current manipulation and exploitation practiced in the name of human progression is devastating and the earth viewed as a heap of debris without a life and vocation of its own ,that it is prior to human s and the setting for our lives ,is very much the Blessed Kateri life story. The need to belong is inherent in all lifeforms and we all belong to this earth yet it does not belong to us.

7. Genevieve Gollnick

I have just finished reading a biography of Kateri Tekakwitha. Her life of faith, prayer, humility and penitence is astonishing. I believe her sacrifices hastened the conversion of American Indians during her lifetime. I pray she reaches sainthood so many more Americans can appreciate and cherish the Virgin who emulated love for the Glory of God. It is interesting to note that the Bishop of Quebec after Kateri's death referenced Kateri as the Genevieve of Canada. Saint Genevieve of Paris was also a virgin, humble and devoted to the poor.

8. Marlene Becker

Last year I was surfing information on saints and found Kateri. I was thrilled to find someone so close to sainthood who was patron of the environment and also a native North American. When the oil platform sunk in the gulf and began spewing oil and destroying the ecology of the area (I live in Florida) I began to offer a simple prayer everyday as I drove to work. BP tried so many things to plug the leak; but nothing was working that's when I figured we needed help. I know there's no way to prove she guided those engineers in a one in a million chance to cap that well so quickly and effectively; but I know in my heart she was there every step of the way, protecting our environment. Thank you, Blessed Kateri, may you soon be recognized as a saint.

9. John O'Rahilly

I came across Blessed Kateri when I visitrd Medugorje in 2010. I have said her chaplet a few times and I also got some more rosarys and prayer leaflets and have distributed them here in Ireland. Please God she may be canonised soon.

10. Donald Boon

A Blessing from Kateri Tekakwitha

In 1996 my wife and I visited the shrine for Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha across the river from

Montreal, Canada. We had heard her story, and were delighted at how she was honored.

The question became how to honor her at home, as opposed to worship. What evolved parallels

the current translation of "Tekakwitha", something Native American and something to push. I

found a genuine leather comb case, from which I removed the nail file, and since I was losing

so many combs, I added three pocket combs, which fit snuggly. I prayed that Blessed Kateri

would bless this effort, and my prayers to the present are answered. Note that the leather has

broken, but the combs remain inside, ready for removal and use, but not littering the

environment. I have not lost any comb.

As the statue to her by the Santa Fe Cathedra attests, she was honored in death by healing from

her smallpox scars, to be raised in perfection to her Judgment and life in glory.

I believe this blessing of the comb case is appropriate, as many Native Americans have shiny

and long black hair, something helped by ready availability of combs. This hair care also

honors Blessed Katheri.

Donald J. Boon
    Transcriber
    New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia

11. bobby

she is such a wonderful lady an excilent role model?!!!!!!!!!

12. tristina

she was such an angel that i wuld date her.lol.tehee

13. Celeste

Its terrible that you can't use her for Conformation.... =(

14. Alicia

My Marian Name is Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha. O:-) A sister gave it to me. ;-)

15. Beth

I think because of her, I have a miracle on an island. I need to understand how to ask for sainthood for her.

16. nicole

hmmmm.i can only say that

17. Ali

She is AWESOME!

18. makala

this girl is so cool I look up to her as a role modle

19. Mrs. W. Ehrmann

I have just completed a protrait of Blessed Kateri. Blessed Kateri is a role model for
    all young woman. We need positive models to stand up for our faith so that we
    can demonstrate to others how much loving Jesus can change and sanctify our
    lives. Kateri inspires me as well as reinforces the power of women in our Roman
    Catholic faith, hope, and love of all human kind.

20. Arianna

I'm doing her for my school project