St. John the Baptist Comments

John the Baptist was the son of Zachary, a priest of the Temple in Jerusalem, and Elizabeth, a kinswoman of Mary who visited her. He was probably born at Ain-Karim southwest of Jerusalem after the Angel Gabriel had told Zachary that his wife would bear a child even though she was an old woman. He lived as a hermit in the desert of Judea until about A.D. 27. When he was thirty, he began to preach on the banks of the Jordan against the evils of ... Continue Reading

1. Bob

WOW he did lots of awsome stuff

2. johnson

i thank God that iam born nn the of st. John de baptist.i pray that he should continue to intercede for us to live a life of faith.

3. Leonard

My understanding is that St. Stephen was the first saint but wouldn't John the Baptist be considered the first saint?

4. Arldrin

What day did John die? (date)

5. Colin

I chose him as my saint for my confirmation. This site was very helpful thanks :)

6. Nick

I love this website it is so helpful to me and my friends. I needed this info to do a project for school, and it gave me all the info I needed. Thanks!

7. John

Wasn't he Jesus's cousin?

8. Pappy

Thank you. Im doing a saint project on him

9. nadine

hey john 'UR AWSOME U OKAYS

10. bethan

hes freakin awsome xx I LOVE YOU !!!

11. nadine

am on this websire tryin to look for how did he give him hope ?

12. JoJo

I also love him

13. susan

What pope cannonized him? when?

14. Terri

I believe we are in the times of Baptism by Fire leaving the age of Baptism by Water to cleanse the Earth of the impurities accumulated. I received Divine Light from my girlfriend, Kim. I felt dizzy after receiving today, it is a daily practice for us. She made me lie down and tucked me in. I fell asleep and went off to dreamland. I had a validating dream and I asked who it was validating me. He said his name was John. I asked "John who?" He replied "John the Baptist". Now that is cool! I am not much of bible thumper and I am not Catholic but I believe in Catholicism. I just wanted to share. Thank you!

15. kate

Hi there! i'm kate and im doing some work on john the baptist in R.E. , has any one got any useful info for me?

16. Nickers

I'm doing a Saint report and this page helped me fing out about John the Baptist! Whoo go John yeah

17. CELINE and LAURA

We have some questions,
    why did John the Baptist become a saint? What did he do?
    How did he die?
    Society in which he lived?
    An evaluation of the importance of his actions today?
    Basic biographical information?
    Thanks and have a great day :)

18. bob

i love sains row

19. bob

your the best of all saints row

20. john

He was born in year 0, the same as Jesus.