St. Aloysius Gonzaga Comments

St. Aloysius was born in Castiglione, Italy. The first words St. Aloysius spoke were the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. He was destined for the military by his father (who was in service to Philip II), but by the age of 9 Aloysius had decided on a religious life, and made a vow of perpetual virginity. To safeguard himself from possible temptation, he would keep his eyes persistently downcast in the presence of women. St. Charles Borromeo gave him ... Continue Reading

1. christie

St. Aloysius Gonzaga, sweet saint, so pure and holy, pray for us on your feast day. Your life of prayer, mortification and service to the sick is a fine example for us to emulate. Pray that our desire for what is holy frees us from arrogance, for only God is holy and holiness comes from Him. Dear saint I implore you special intercession for my children, to be faithful to their baptismal vows. Too easy has it been for them to find excuses not to. Bless me too, free me from scrupulosity, curiousity and narrow-mindedness. In my mother's recent death, help me to dwell on all the spiritual graces and nursing care she received. For she was much blessed. She received the anointing of the sick. I know for a fact that Mama Mary visited her in a vision too. Help me to have grateful and happy thoughts. Amen.

2. Fr. J. Knapp, S.J.

Excellent presentation of St. Aloysius, except for one point that needs to be corrected. The title of the article reads, St. Aloysius Gonzaga, Priest. Aloysius was never ordained to the priesthood. (Had he not died of the plague he would have completed his studies and ordained to the priesthood.) It would be good if you would correct the top of the article so that it reads, "St. Aloysius Gonzaga, Confessor," or St. Aloysius Gonzaga, Religious.

Thanks. Fr. J. K, SJ

3. Takudzwa nyamande

Pray for us youths; Saint Aloysius ,in these times of great distractions that we may always focus on God. & be willing to sacrifice as u did uhat we may see the kingdom of heaven.in Jesus name .Amen

4. SHAZLEEN

cool

5. SMM

St. Aloysius, beautiful servant of the Lord and patron saint of teens; I pray for your powerful intercession helping me bring my son back to the Church and his family. He has been led astray by powerful temptations that can only be overcome through prayer. I long to see the spirtual boy I once had. I aslo ask that you send good, Christian kids into his circle of friends and a change of heart for those he cannot let go.

6. Leah Mae C. Bulosan

I hope that I can be a saint also. Lord God, I surrender my life to you.

7. Kathleen

I went to first grade at the first St.Aloysius school and was choosen to carry Mary's crown in the May celebration that year. I am guessing in 1957? When I was in 8th grade at St. Augustine's, all the girls got a trip to the convent in Cincinnati. There, in their peaceful cemetery, I found the grave of my first grade teacher, Sister Florence Louise. It has been so wonderful to find this site and become once again aquainted with St. Aloysius and his life.

8. school project

This site was very helpful to me while working on my saints project for religion class. Thanks

9. WeUs

I was reading about Saint Mary Magdalen de Pazzi in the Garabandal Journal Jul-Aug 2011 issue wherein the saint "saw the great glory of St. Aloysius Gonzaga in heaven because of his interior works and said, 'There is no comparison between the interior and exterior."

10. Thomas

St.Aloysius,pray for me so that i will be one day made a saint in Jesus name.Amen.

11. ngonidzashe

thanks for supplying the lives of the saints knowledge, we really need to know how they lived since the events in their lives are almost parallel to the ones we are facing now. we are sinners but with the will to continue heavenwards and their lives encourage and inspire us to hold on to God a little longer here on this earth before we are taken also to meet them (through the grace of God), in heaven.

12. agnes diaz

I named my first born child after Fr.Aloysius Schwartz,the founder of our school, later on,my husband and I was surprised to know that his birthday is exactlly the same date of St Aloysius' feast day. I am so thankful for this coincidence.May St. Aloysius and Fr.Al guide him always.

13. Jude Wilegoda

I am desperately looking for the DVD of the Life of St. Aloysius for the last couple of months but still could not get. If you can help me to purchase the DVD of the life of St. Aloysius, I am very much thankful to you.
    May God bless you.
    Jude

14. Oli morton

i am seeing visions, and hearing voices. it sounds like jesus and god. the visions i see a young boy like saint aloyisius.

15. aj

this was cool BRA!!

16. Nicole Fox

St. Aloysius is very interesting to me to research. My grandfather was named Aloysius and I named my son after him. It is amazing to be able to research the saint behind that name. I am told time and time again that it is such a neat name!! It is very meaningful to me

17. catherine

the story of st. aloysius was very touching and inspirable.
    god bless!

18. Martin Wray

I am seeking Saints of Burundi because I am working on a Circle of Prayer with a number of v. responsible Burundian Catholics at home and away from home - diplomats and exiles to whom I have ministered for many years as an Anglican Priest before becoming Catholic.

There are three areas of prayer with which I am curently concerned:
    a. Those suffering from AIds and HIV.
    b. Those who care for them.
    c Those who have political responsibility in this area.

a. Burundian Exiles in Europe, espcially those who have left the Catholic Church.
    b. For those promoting a more focussed Catholic concern for them.

For a group of people, not least my Burundian Foster Chidren who have returned home to to work for Peace and Development and to attract Interest in Tourism, and for Ministers and Dilplomats who support them.

TO WHICH SAINTS MIGHT WE APPEAL FOR PRAYER AND INTERCESSION./

Attention was made to The Holy Mother of God only in the last few days; the message I received was unclear; is She to be recognised as Patron, perhaps?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.