St. Florian Comments

The St. Florian commemorated in the Roman Martyrology on May 4th, was an officer of the Roman army, who occupied a high administrative post in Noricum, now part of Austria, and who suffered death for the Faith in the days of Diocletian. His legendary "Acts" state that he gave himself up at Lorch to the soldiers of Aquilinus, the governor, when they were rounding up the Christians, and after making a bold confession, he was twice scourged, ... Continue Reading

1. Claudia

Saint Florian. I pray that you protect my family, my loved ones and myself of any danger. I pray to for the Health of my family and loved ones, For my Health as I have just had my thyroid surgery please heal me and take away any diseases and heal me from High Blood pressure issues. I have two little children that need their mommy and I believe in you and believe that you thru Christ our lord can heal me. God has given his only child to intervene for us. I pray in Jesus name Amen.

2. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Bless all the people who are working in dangerous situations. Protect them from the dangers of fire. Stir the Spirit of fire, The Faith, among the clergy and the religious to witness Christ to the world. Instill in them the hope that you had when you boldly dared your persecutors, "If you do, I will climb to heaven on the flames." Bless Pope Francis to inspire the faithful to live the faith and spread the same faith with great zeal as you have done. Amen.

3. Jamesok

The love for God endures every thing. St Florian today i dedicate my prayer for my God given family and our entire family to your prayer to be protected fire and drowning, above all things to dedicate our life to prayer and commitments to God. Thanx and protect my site negative powers and also provide for my boss financial success to make the work to continue until two levels are finished. Thank you st. Florian and also pray for my children improvement in their education and the healing of my wife from high blood pressure . Thanx st Florian .

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Florian, please pray for me to stay firm and profess my faith braving all temptations that try to pull me away.

5. American Firefighter

St Florian,

pray for today's firefighters, as they face more anti Christian ideologies in their day to day work. The culture of death surrounds us. Pray we not fail to live out our faith when we enter the doors to the firehall and and when we leave the next morning. Pray for our union chief, Mr. Shaitberger, that he realises the attacks that are coming to Christian firefighters and protect their rights. If not, let us resist and stand strong in Christ. First amendment rights of workers also need to be protected by the unions.

6. jeremiah

St.Florian the Martyr, pray for us!

7. Ellen

my maiden namis Florian. I have been seekng a patron saint. I think st florian may be mine!

8. Joseph Mathew

Dear At. Florian, please pray for me ,to be constant and not wavering in my faith!

9. christie

St. Florian, I am touched by all the devotion that firefigthers have to you. Please regard me and all my loved ones with care. Protect us from fire and drowning. Amen.

10. Ramona Walker

@ Jen: My father's name was Florian and it is pronounced: Floor ' - i - en

11. Angie

St Florian is also the patron saint of soap boilers and coopers. Coopers made beer barrels and St Florian is also considered the patron of brewers because of this .

So after you have fought a fire, had a shower and then a beer to relax after a hard days work, thank St Florian as he has been with you the whole time.

12. dj

love this doing homework know any saints who gave up their time for others???

13. Jen

Trying to find the right pronounciation of St. Florian my son has chosen this for his patron saint fot 8th gr confirmation.
    Any ideas?
    we think Flo ri (e)n
    we were told Floor een ???

14. Florian Geider

I was named Florian after my father. My nephew is named Florian after both his grandfathers who were named Florian (one Hungarian and one, my father Austrian") and my nephew's son is also named Florian.
    Florian is not a common name in my area (eastern Pennsylvania) and often is questioned about it's origin.

15. jordan

Vincent,
    St. Michael is not the patron saint of ems. He is the patron saint of police, paratroopers, and sickness.

16. M. Hays

After an encounter with St. Florian at the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona Arizona, He shall be with me at each fire and be my protector in my personal life as well.

17. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Florian, Fill in me the desire to serve the Lord and to do his will agaist all odds!

18. James Rochfort

IM A RETAINED FIREFIGHTER ALSO AND YES ST FLORIAN AND ST MICHAEL ARE MY PROTECTORS.

19. Alonzo Madero

I was a Firefighter for 20 years. I carried a medal pinned to the inside of my turnout coat. My mother gave me the medal upon graduation from the academy. She died 3 years ago, a month before I retired.

20. Fiore

We have just purchased a cruise boat to enjoy with my children and grandchild, can you please tell me which saint is the protector of water and boats

I see that St. Florian and also Francis of Paola are water saints am i correct, or is there one for boat, water.

Thanking You