St. Christina Comments

St. Christina was the daughter of a rich and powerful magistrate named Urbain. Her father, who was deep in the practices of heathenism, had a number of golden idols, which our saint destroyed, and distributed the pieces among the poor. Infuriated by this act, Urbain became the persecutor of his daughter. He had her whipped with rods and then thrown into a dungeon. Christina remained unshaken in her faith. Her tormentor then had her body torn by ... Continue Reading

1. Christine Mathew

I am glad i can always rely on her merits and prayers.
    She is a powerful saint!

2. Christina

i am so glad that my name is Christina. i love how Christina is so kind to others.

3. Lagenda

I was preparing the office of Vespers for today and noted that there was a commemoration of St. Christina but no other information. I found the details of her life on your website. I was moved to tears on reading the appalling cruelty and sufferings of St. Christina. What dreadful, diverse and prolonged torture she endured before she finally died. What an example of faith and fortitude in her love for Christ. She deserves to be remembered and honoured together with all those holy martyrs who endured such unspeakable cruelty while shedding their blood for their beloved Lord. St. Christina, Ora pro nobis.

4. Christine

Well, obviously I have confirmation, and I am researching up on my saint, but I don't understand something. Did you know that St. Christina THE ASTONISHING's feast day is July 24, whilst St. Christina of Bolesia has the same feast day. (which the saint being talked in this article) How can that be? Also, I don't know which Christina to choose that both same like interesting and incredible pious people. I hope I will make a wise choice.

5. Deanne

I cannot believe what happened to her just because of her faith, I feel pain for her. I am very glad that i chose her as my Daughters confirmation saint name.... she will always be in my thoughts. she is a true saint...

6. jessica !23

omg she is so kool im so using her 4 my comfirmation name!
    my mums name is christina and hopefully by her surviving all of this means i mightlive a bit longer 2

7. Maria

I chose this name as Christine, but I love her story! She went through so much and God protected her! I'm glad I'm using her as my patron saint from now on.

8. ashley

i love all saints :)

9. Sasha

hey i love that name im avein it for my confirmation so plz call me christina from now on ok thanks soooooooooooo much ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................

10. Vickie

I chose her for my confirmation name too.

11. Christina

Wow! Her story is so inspiring. She had true grit and true faith in the Lord. She is a great role model to follow. I am chosing her for my conformation name. I am proud to have her as my namesake.

12. *****

I chose Saint Christina as my Saint name for Confirmation but I need to know more information about her for my project. For example : where she was born, when she died, how old she was and stuff like that. Also, Is this Saint Christina the Astonishing or Saint Christina of Persia. If anyone finds information please tell me the website thanks

13. Eilish McEwan

Well my nan is called Christina so I think I will pick that name and it looks like she had a hard life!!

14. Christina

I am going to continue researching her. I wish they had more information on St. Christina. Their are many St. Christina's or faithfuls who are risking their lives to defend and practice their Catholic faith. She is definitely a great rolemodel for all Christians to live and defend the truth freely despite of the conflicts or persicutions. It takes a lot of grace to do what she did. I am mezmorized by all of the miracles that God did for her- protecting her from the fire for 5 days! Talk about being renovated in the fire. Very cool...

15. JessicaT

Think im using her for my confirmation name!

16. Devyn

I love what she did :) amazing for what she stood up for. The power in God truly over comes our faith. But sadly not enough information for my Confirmation name

17. Natalie

AWESOME GO SAINT CHRISTINA!!!!!!!!!!

18. Christina

Wow! Iam so honoured to be her namesake!
    St Christina pray for us.

19. lauren

doees anyone know st.christinas prayer , im using it for my confirmation?

20. celina

she is so my confirmation saint