St. Stephen Comments

Stephen's name means "crown," and he was the first disciple of Jesus to receive the martyr's crown. Stephen was a deacon in the early Christian Church. The apostles had found that they needed helpers to look after the care of the widows and the poor. So they ordained seven deacons, and Stephen is the most famous of these. God worked many miracles through St. Stephen and he spoke with such wisdom and grace that many of his hearers ... Continue Reading

1. Oscar ...

Thanks very helpful... love the saint the name ... its my confo name

2. Bronte

This was a good article but not at all detailed. I'm only in year 9 and I am doing an assignment on Saint Stephen that goes into a lot of detail. Sorry but this was just too simple.

3. I LOVE JESUS

knaarlyy dude

4. sarah is da bomb

I rock so stephen must

5. Sean

Very good!!!!!

6. Sean

It didnt have any answers i needed. This needs a lot more information. Put more information now!!!!!!

7. STEVEN

I LEARNED OF ST.STEPHEN DURING CONFIRMATION CLASSES,I WAS COMPLETELY HONORED TO FIND OUT THAT I SHARED MY NAME WITH THIS SAINT AND AM STILL PROUD OF IT TO THIS DAY.

8. Jim Louttit

Many of God's blessing on the person who has compiled this information on St. Stephen. It is his feast day today and I was looking to see if any new information on St. Stephen had been revealed through archeology or ancient text.

9. georges-etienne pelletier

68 years ago in 1942 my mom & dad got married. They both died in 1995. I was born in 1945. In french "ETIENNE" = STEPHEN. Hoping to always imitate S.Stephen in proclaiming my beleifs in the continuous presence of THE LORD JESUS. May you all BE BLESSED in celebrating today this FAMILY DAY !

10. Steve

St Stephen, watch over me & continue your intercessions for me & my needs.

11. mymessage

I am impressed about the strong faith of St. Stephen. What a special gift is to see heaven opened! it is a blessing. I want to read more about St.Stephen. Who can help me, where can I get more info about this Saint?

Thanku

12. martin

he's my confirmation saint

13. Frustrated Reader

I'd really rather they included what they were patrons of. That's necessary information in my opinion.

14. IMFORMATION

What about when he was born? AT LEAST A GUESS????

15. Haskell Catholic

I'm afraid that Tom Smith (from above) doesn't have the whole story. The "angry mob" is mentioned in the narrative above, as well as in Acts chapter 7. Read the Bible, dear friends, and you will see that St. Paul, not Peter, was at the stoning. Not "encouraging", but certainly supporting the action. This was before his conversion and before his name change. He is called "Saul" at this point. St. Stephen, pray for us, especially those still in the angry mob.

16. Daniel

St. Stephen, my patron, thank you for helping me in the past. Dear martyr, continue to intercede for us.

17. Tom Smith

I love how these sites dont have the whole story, he ended up dieing by a mob encouraged by Peter the Apostle.

18. :)AJ

Thankyou, this information was very help full for my re test.

-also st paul over saw the stoning of saint stephen

19. Yolka `

This was very helpful on my St Stephen project thanks sooooo much :)

20. aplucas

This helped me with a St. stephen report I'm doing 4 school 4 all saints day!! Gr8 info!!(: