St. Stephen Comments

Stephen's name means "crown," and he was the first disciple of Jesus to receive the martyr's crown. Stephen was a deacon in the early Christian Church. The apostles had found that they needed helpers to look after the care of the widows and the poor. So they ordained seven deacons, and Stephen is the most famous of these. God worked many miracles through St. Stephen and he spoke with such wisdom and grace that many of his hearers ... Continue Reading

1. Da Bomb

Very helpful awesome site :p

2. Eustace Singine

St stephen, that you were jesue christ disciple, pray for me that i see what yuo saw and believe in the lord jesus who is seated at the right hand of the father Almighty, i ask you to pray me and my family to know the goods ways of the lord and the any evil should be destroyed before it even begins, pray the we forgive all those we do evil to us and the we shall belong to the holy family, i ask all this through jesus christ our lord. AMEN

3. Nita

I love St. Stephen. I ask him to pray for me. I am a Catholic convert, in 1995. So, learning about the saints is new to me. This site is such a blessing to me. Thank you Catholic.org.

4. Christie

St Stephen, first martyr of the Catholic Church, your death by stoning did not deter you from praying for your murders. You experienced a theophany, in which you saw God the Father and God the Son. Pray for us holy saint, on this your feast day. Bless us and pray for us to be like you. May we serve God always. Amen

5. T. Cusati

St. Stephen, Please pray for my son Stephen, He needs your prayers to get him through some serious legal problems. He is a good, and loving person, but desperately needs your prayers on 'This' 'Your Day'. Please don't forget him. Thank you, from a gracious, loving mom.

6. Steve

St. Stephen, please pray for me.

7. Deacon Joe Lowry

Being a Deacon myself I shall model myself after St. Steven, He is truly one to follow His example.

8. cheesecake is delicious

st stephen is awsome. just saying!

9. Krisztina

The patron saint of Hungary is St. Stephen OF HUNGARY. He was the first king, crowned in 1000AD. Not St. Stephen from the Bible.

10. Mollz

This is really good information to use for my work :) Thanks

11. Someone Random

I think he is cool

12. peter griffin

st stephen was a abouselut ledgend

13. st stephen

wow this helped me a-lot to remember myself thanks

14. mathilda

well even though i found the st stephen info helpful i decided to go with sr paul instead it has been more of a success and i hope if this going great then i hope to be as good for the rest of the assignment!!thanx:P

15. mathilda

i liked the article- i am doing a year 8 since i am in year 8 assignment right as we speak and i am choosing st stephen as my confirmation to write a report on him. i love his great spirituality, i hope to be just like him, helping and preaching Gods great words to all:) thanx again....God's little angel:p

16. brandon

this info was good for my saints project

17. Mary

Why is he the patron of bricklayers? Do I have the right saint?

18. Diane

How old was St Stephen when he died and did he have any brothers or sisters? Also where was he born.Trying to help my 8 year old nephew with his confirmation name work sheet having trouble finding these answers . Thanks

19. Laura

I am doing a school assignment and chose to do it on St. stephen one question i am finding diffficult to answer is: how did st. Stephen affect Christians today?
    Thankyou. I need the answer as soon as possible as it is due in a week. once agian thankyou.

20. donnacha

HE IS A REALLY GOOD SAINT BUT I LOVE ALL SAINTS IT HAS TRULY HELPED ME WITH MY PROJECT AND THATS THE REASON I PICKED IT FOR MY CONFORMATION