St. Kevin Comments

Known in Ireland as Coemgen as well as Kevin, according to tradition he was born at the Fort of the White Fountain in Leinster, Ireland, of royal descent. He was baptized by St. Cronan and educated by St. Petroc. He was ordained, and became a hermit at the Valley of the Two Lakes in Glendalough. After seven years there, he was persuaded to give up his solitary life. He went to Disert-Coemgen, where he founded a monastery for the disciples he ... Continue Reading

1. Kevin
    9 months ago

I just transferred to a four year school after completing my AA degree at community college, going for a BS in Economics. I prayed for the intercession of St Jude, Kevin and Joseph every day during final exam week. I finished the semester with a 2.88. I needed a 2.8 to keep my tuition discount. Half way through the semester, I barely had a C in my math class and truly did not think I would pass this required course, messing up my whole plan to graduate a semester early.These saints interceded and I was able to pass my classes, keep my discount, and move a long in my plans. Thank You.

2. KEVIN ORWA
    9 months ago

Am happy to realise that St.KEVIN exist.

3. jon paul the 111
    10 months ago

i love our art and i wish every website would be like this one right here the one im looking at

4. Kevin

When I was growing up my brothers names were Michael and Patrick. When we opened the "Lives of the Saint's" that my parents kept on the mantel there were roughly 3 pages dedicated to each of their patron Saint's. There wasn't even half a page on St. Kevin. I remember it started "St. Kevin, one of Ireland's minor Saints"...No wonder we fought all the time.

5. owen.west4000

it does not say when st Kevin was born it only said which year he was born in.

6. CJ

using him in a report.

7. Kevin

Kevin "handsome and gentle at birth" This I believe means from the soul not the physical appearance, that’s not to say Kevin’s are ugly. Kevin’s from birth have their lives mapped out By Our Lord. Many of that name sake have many trials and tribulations and many do not know of the greatness of that name. My own has followed St. Kevin’s path not always realising some significant similarities, not in miraculous ways, but in trying to always do our best for others from where ever they come from. I come from the family seat of High King of Ireland Uí Neill (early 10th century) and Hugh O Neill Earl of Tyrone 1601. For myself I have been alone physically now for 10 years, yet Spiritually never have I felt closer to my Lord God through following St. Kevin’s path. It is so much easier to do something good for others than stray and “Slap” Our Lord. I have Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes type one, Chronic Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, do I complain, truthfully YES I DO, but mainly I am Feel Blessed that Our Lord has chosen me to share in Christ’s Passion. Is this my own vanity that say’s this, NO! Others in Holy Orders have told me this who have witnessed my life. I ask anyone reading this to pray for Peace throughout our world, and may God Bless you and your families.

8. Kevin

Visited the site in 2000; the tower was instrumental in preserving the monks transcriptions during the Viking raids. The Celtic cross at the site is fabled to be one of the oldest free standing Celtic crosses in Ireland.

9. kevin thomas

Well, i already have a confirmation name, anthony...my life to date has shown me to run the fools errand from time to time; most often the errand or avenue has only led to a greater faith in Him. Gloria En Excelsis Dio!

10. KEVIN

i like my saint, and at least today i have found my saints day, this because many people have been pressurizing me that Kevin has never been a saint, but today i have come to know the truth.

11. sem. kevin

st. Kevin pray for my vocation pls!
    i am seminarian Kevin.

12. G. Sebastian

my sons name is also Kevin and he is a very fool guy like his patron siant
    pls pray for him too

13. Kevin-Mary

My Patron Saint.I really would like to see some prayers addressed to him.Love my Patron Saint.

14. kd

i am goin to choose this guy for me confirmation name

15. Kevin

I have been to the remains of the Monastery in Glendalogh, Ireland in 1982...was just interested in what your site said about him.

16. Gibbo 23

I'm usin him for my confo !!!!!!! :)

17. celina

my own son's name...i find him quite cool... he has a lot of love for animals

18. elijah

i like this guy..
    and also catholic saints is very helpful :)

i like it....

19. kevin

I've learned to like and appreciate my name very much. Its really beautiful.

20. Kevin

I am totally going to use him for my confirmation:)