St. Isabel of France Comments

Sister of St. Louis and daughter of King Louis VIII of France and Blanche of Castile, she refused offers of marriage from several noble suitors to continue her life of virginity consecrated to God. She ministered to the sick and the poor, and after the death of her mother, founded the Franciscan Monastery of the Humility of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Longchamps in Paris. She lived there in austerity but never became a nun and refused to become ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Isabel, Please pray for me.

2. morgan

how funny! I was just reading about her big brother Saint Louis; in French, I have to write a journal as a historical person we've read about so I'm doing Blache de Castille. :-) both Isabel and Louis are great saints!

3. christie

St. Isabel of France, pray for us, that during this Lenten season, we may be close to Jesus the suffering Saviour who desires that we imitate Him. Help our eyes to look at Him dying on the cross, His arms stretched out on the Cross, His hands and feet nailed to the Cross and His side pierced with a lance. Dear Jesus crucified help us in overcoming our weaknesses. May we not be diverted from Your precious love, Your loving gaze and Your words spoken in the Gospel. Dear Jesus Help us. Have pity on all those suffering on bed of pain and on all sick children. Amen.

4. isabelle proust

Ste Isabelle
    Feastday is February 22 , not February 26
    thanks for correcting your site

5. Isa

My name is isabel!!

6. isabellaswan

i thing saint isabell is really cool

7. isabelle

I love this saint. i really wish i knew more about her tough. She seems so inspiring.

8. bj

can you give some significance?

9. megan

i wish it had a pic/summary at the bottom!

10. bellza

im gana be st isabella on nov.3rd!!!

11. belza

i named isabella!!!!???

12. Isabella

I am going to use Saint Isabelle to write and dress as my saint at school on All Saints Day which is on November 1st. :)

13. Bel

My names isabel!!!!!! (:

14. Teresa Bieber

I absolutly lovesaint isabel!!!! i also LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!! <3

15. Teresa Bieber

I love Saint Isabel soooo much

16. Teresa Bieber

I love saint Isabel she's gonna be my confirmation name and she is sooooooooo inspirational thats why i chose her for my confirmation. btw do u know whether there is a saint Fredderic? tell me if you do and where he comes from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    do us know what bob means??? cuz my friends wont tell me!!!

17. Erin

does anyone know where i can get more information about her? -thanks

18. Mikela

i luvvvv the name Isabel! its sooo pretty! its my confirmation name!

19. Catty