St. Henry Comments

St. Henry, son of Henry, Duke of Bavaria, and of Gisella, daughter of Conrad, King of Burgundy, was born in 972. He received an excellent education under the care of St. Wolfgang, Bishop of Ratisbon. In 995, St. Henry succeeded his father as Duke of Bavaria, and in 1002, upon the death of his cousin, Otho III, he was elected emperor. Firmly anchored upon the great eternal truths, which the practice of meditation kept alive in his heart, he was ... Continue Reading

1. Richard Ploessl
    3 months ago

Was St. Henry parish Named after the one time emporer of Germany.

2. henry joseph nguyen
    5 months ago

: St Henry . Please pray for me. Amen

3. Ilonze Henry Chimezie
    5 months ago

dear St. Henry, interceed to God for my sake to give me the grace to live the life of saints mostly your own life style. I ask this through Jesus Christ our lord, Amen.

4. Joseph Mathew
    9 months ago

St. Henry, Your holy lifestyle and obedience to God made you a magnificent leader. Since the present world is bereft of such leaders, please pray that such leaders be revealed to the world, who uphold sincerity of purpose and sanctity of life, like Mahatma Gandhi, who led India to freedom.

5. Henry
    9 months ago

Dear my patron saint. Save me from my current hardship and make me live a blessed life like yours. Be with me as a go through troubles and invoke your attitude into me that i may live a happy life and also have a happy death. Amen.

6. Tyler

Dear Saint Henry II, I am having my confirmation this year and having you as my saint name. Please pray for me and my family for the support we need. I respect what you have done. Amen.

7. bman

interesting article indeed

8. Kokkeragadda.Bhaskara Rao

Dear St.Henry, please pray for me and for my family to live a life of a perfect Christian and I implore your blessings in times of hardships in our endeavour to join Jesus.May your life be a role model for our journey as you utilised your power of kinghip and with the co-operation of the princess(your spouse) for the betterment of our Catholic Faith.

9. mayet

Dear St. Henry, Please pray for me and my husband for having a baby..Amen

10. Breda

I would love it if the pictures were referenced so that we could go and see the real thing!

11. noreen

Our son told us today, July 13th, that the name of our new grandson expected November 4, 2012 will be Jefferson Henry ----. Looked up saint henry and discovered today is his feast day. Coincidence or the Lord?

12. Joseph Mathew

St. Henry, Your holy lifestyle made you a magnificient emperor before the world and an obedient subject before God! Please pray for us.

13. Justin J.

I remembered my Alma Mater St. Henry's College, Ilavalai, Sri Lanka where I studied for 3 years. Now only I came to know about his life story and he was a historial and pius and very charitable and also victorious Emperor by God's grace. St. Henry pray for us. Thanks to Catholic on line inspiring website. God Bless. Shalom.

14. ATSUA

st henry,pls pray for me,for spiritual growth,blessings,protction and God`s wisdom.

15. christie

St. Henry pray for the improvement of all my students in the academic field. Give us humility in dealing with proud parents.
    Amen.

16. Joanne

I neva knew anything about st. Henry. I am so happy to read this article.

17. Ramon Velez, Jr.

I'm interested in obtaining a statue of St. Henry the Emperor.

18. henry nwagazue

am happy to learn about the saint i am named after in baptism. may God give me the grace to follow his footstep. AMEN. THERE SAINT HENRY PRAY FOR ME IN THIS PERIOD OF MY LIFE. AND MAY GUIDE ME AND LEAD ME AS I CELEBRATE MY BIRTHDAY TOMMOROW. AMEN

19. Denise J

Didn't even know about St. Henry - but as a handicapped and childless person, I realize he can be my patron saint!! Nice to see someone saintly in the exercise of power, not being corrupted by it!!

20. Thomas Ashua

St. Henry,pray for all those that are looking for the fruit of the womb so that the joy of marriage will be complete in their live IJN.Amen.