St. Genevieve Comments

St. Genevieve was born about the year 422, at Nanterre near Paris. She was seven years old when St. Germain of Auxerre came to her native village on his way to great Britain to combat the heresy of Pelagius. The child stood in the midst of a crowd gathered around the man of God, who singled her out and foretold her future sanctity. At her desire the holy Bishop led her to a church, accompanied by all the faithful, and consecrated her to God as a ... Continue Reading

1. Anne Kanno

Thank you St Genevieve, and thank you for the article. It makes me happy to read about the holiness of others and feel their love and devotion.

2. cathrine perera

i like this saint name so I gave her name to daughter of my godson

3. Jessica

Today I decided she's going to be my confirmation name! And today us also her feast day :)

4. Kathy M

This was very helpful. Thank you. It definately gives my faith a stronger standing. I did not know about St. Genevieve until now and how similiar we are. Thank you God for these wonderful words of wisdom.

5. LOLIYA

i am very proud to bear the name GENEVIEVE. its my confirmation name. she was indeed a great saint.

6. Gillian

this is definately my Confirmation name!

7. Carrie

This is gonig to be my Conformation name :)

8. sarah londres

Dear St, Genevieve,
    I pray that like you I may have also means of generosity to give and share more bread with people in need and hungry. bread for body and soul that can make us strong in faith, and love for God. Please pray for us and pray with us every time we ask your assistance, and never leave our prayer unheard by God. Amen.

9. Tatiana L.

So very heplful! I will be using Saint Genevive as my Confermation name this February! Her name is beautiful and she is a person whos' life and generosity will be an honor to live by :) <3

10. alison

im doing a report on her and my comfermation name is gunna be genevieve too!!!!

11. Olivia

im doin a St. project and i chose her cuz thats my middle name but my dad is french so we pronounce it the french way

12. katelin

my confirmation name 2!

13. Lauren

This is my confirmation saint, and i'm soo glad i chose her!!! Genevive is suchh a pretty name too!!! =)

14. mara

I was her for All Saints Day!!!

15. Genevieve

Her story is delightful and my real name is Genevieve!

16. Jason Roebuck

Thank you for your intercession St. Genevieve...Please continue to show me the face of God through the charity that is worked in your name...It is my desire to be a better husband and father to my family because of what you did for me...

17. Genevieve HL

I believe God, I believe in pray, there is always an answer from the Most High, try it!!!

18. genevieve

Hi, my name is genevieve too. When I was in my Mom's womb, my dad told my mom the story of Genevieve, the God fearing daughter, loved by all her people because of her faith in God...she got married to a handsome guy...but when her husband went for a war...she was ill treated by her ministers....puts her in the prison accused of betrayal. Then, she gave birth to a baby boy in the prison..soon the minister came to know about it, and order to be killed..Now, the soldiers took her to a forest far away from the kingdom to kill her, but they know that she was innocent so they left her in the forest alive and as a witness to prove her death, they killed a dog..and took the eyes of the dog as to prove her death to the minister..Now, when husband arrived, the minister told him about her betrayal and told him that she is death....After some few years...the king went for hunting in the forest..later found her and their son......and ithe story goes on...My mom was fully in tears..and decided to name be genevieve its is a baby girl...thats how I was named..I have been looking for the books...but i cant find one....I really want to have the book. thx

19. Lok Cheng Lian

can you send me a pic of this St. by post? address:B-6/2 Block mawar Taman Bukit Senjuang Lororng Bukit Senjuanf 7500 Malacca.Malaysia. thank you

20. genevieve

I am proud to be called Genevieve,i hope to take the foot steps of her .