St. Emily de Vialar Comments

St. Emily de Vialar, Virgin, Foundress of the Sisters of St. Joseph "of the Apparition" Anne Marguerite Adelaide Emily de Vialar was the eldest child and only daughter of Baron James Augustine de Vialar and his wife Antoinette, daughter of that Baron de Portal who was physician-in-ordinary to Louis XVIII and Charles X of France. She was born at Gaillac in Languedoc in 1797. At the age of fifteen she was removed from school in Paris ... Continue Reading

1. Rev. Meg

There is a St. Joseph's hospital near my home, and right next to it is the convent where the Sisters of St. Joseph live. I live next door to Holy Family Cathedral and School, so the Sisters are a familiar, lovely and welcome sight in the neighborhood. Our block is truly blessed!

2. Raymond

It is a wonderful service that is going on here. Thank you at Catholic.org for making it possible for us to have a minute to walk with the saints each day as we read about thier lives daily and say short prayers with them.
    Saint Emily, I thank God for your life of service, both here and in Heaven and I pray please help me out of the darkness that I am in today , so that I can see light in my life. Amen

3. A man

dear st emily i wish there was a pichture it would make this stupid project more cool because i dont want to do a stupid project because im not catholic so dont take it personaly but are you the si of womans rights ? why waist your time woman will always be at the bottom and us guys will be on the top .well i am glade i said that sorry but thats the truth now you the people who aprove it please put this on because not every on is catholic and there should be a united thing about st emily. oh yes i almost forgot why is st emily not maried thats stupid if she realy is the saint of womans rights sheshould of changed that roul.:(
    A-MAN OUT PEACE

4. sarah

dear st emily,
    i was forced agenst my will to go to a historica far yesterday and it was not fun
    bye bye

5. sarah

dear st emily this web site is awesooooooooooooooooooooooooooome
    and coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

6. kellie

dear st. emily,
    there is a guy who is telling me i cant play soccer because im a girl and i finde that afencive because u can play soccer just as good as they play soccer but they wont let me prove it . can you help me figer out how i can prove that a girl can do anything a guy can do.
    please i love to play soccer please help
    thanks bye

7. kellie

dear st emily, im doing a biography on you and i ask if you can give me a blessing so i can do well thanks, love u bye bye

8. Gary

coooooooooooooooooooooool

9. Lollipop

I love this site!! It is VERY helpful!! Thank you!

10. That Person Over There

I wish there was a picture!!

11. Rebecca

I found this really helpful for I am using Emily as my confirmation name!

Thank you so much!

12. zoe

iam going to use emily for my confirmation

13. Angel<3

I choose this saint for my confirmation i just love it <3

14. Emily

Wow! thats really interesting! now i kinda know why my mom named me emily and thanx for the site btw!

15. Rather not say

It would be better with a picture of the saint

16. name

hey so i love this saint

17. grace&emily

this is ausome information, we totally appreciate all the hard work put into making this fabulous site for us school kids to look at :) amen sisters.

18. Monica

I went to a catholic private girls school called De Vialar in Hilton Park Western Australia which was run by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition. In our chapel was a bone fragment of St Emily. It always fascinated me to the point that I wanted to become a Sister of St Joseph, but I never did but I thank god every day for the best schooling and guidance that I received from such a wonderful group of nuns who were more human and compassionate.. God Bless St Emily....

19. EMILY KALANZI

Baptised Emily, I feel my grandma made the best choice. Sure Emily, after this earthly jane will present me to infant Jesus for my throne. Amen

20. Regina

My granddaughter's name is Emily and I just wanted to see if there a saint named Emily. Our Emily was baptized yesterday, on June 27th. Thank you for this beautiful site. May God's most generous blessings be upon you. Regina