St. Elizabeth of Portugal Comments

Elizabeth was a Spanish princess who was given in marriage to King Denis of Portugal at the age of twelve. She was very beautiful and very lovable. She was also very devout, and went to Mass every day. Elizabeth was a holy wife, but although her husband was fond of her at first, he soon began to cause her great suffering. Though a good ruler, he did not imitate his wife's love of prayer and other virtues. In fact, his sins of impurity gave great ... Continue Reading

1. PRAVEEN BINOY
    8 months ago

Saint Elizabeth,
    Please pray for me and my family

2. Joseph Mathew

St. Elizabeth of Portugal, I am greatly impressed by your adherence to attending daily Mass. I shall try to do the same in my humble life. Please do pray for me and my family.

3. christopher antony

st.elizabeth of Portugal please pray for me and my family
    God Bless us all
    Amen

4. Ishanka Fernando

faith is change our life.st.Elizabeth pray for us in this change to strong our faith.May God Bless you all.

5. general unknown anonymous usmc usnf ****

4th july 2013:st elizabeth of portugal pray for us this usa independence day.

6. atsua steve

st,Elizabeth,pls,pray for my family.

7. Nick Nicholson

The image at the head of the article is not of Saint ELizabeth of Portugal.

It is of the Russian Grand Duchess, St. Elizabeth the New Martyr of Russia (1864-1918) glorified and canonized by the Eastern Orthodox Churches, and revered in the Anglican Church, but not by Roman Catholics.

8. Sam

St, Elizabeth, called in Portugal, Rainha Santa Isabel, she is a good saint, my wife and I, we married in the convent, she is, in the tomb, and every 4 years, they have a feast, and the people in charge, they put one of her arms outside of the tomb, I was there 8 years ago, I saw her arm, I came to the church convent, and I smell flowers, she was there with me, because I convert myself to Jesus (convert means I offer my soul and body to Jesus), and I receive on January 9, of 2010, a Precious and Sacred Gift from Jesus, and that's how I had that sensations I can't describe in my soul, plus, Simon Peter and the twelve apostles, Mother of Jesus and so many Saints, is so good to have and feel that sensations. The parable of Rainha Santa, when she goes to gave food to the poors, and King Denis,came, saw her, and ask her, what she has on her maint , she open and said roses King, and she open the maint, and the food transform to roses, She is a Saint who does miracles.

9. Christina

Elizabeth please protect me from the the two men who are stalking me and let them find peace and happiness so that we all can get on with our lives and better ourselves. Please protect me from my stalkers girlfriend as well and help her to realize that this man is using her to inflict pain upon me and that she should be focusing her energy on her children instead of me. I know I havent been the the best or most innocent person but i have tried and will continue to do good even though bad people keep comming into my life. Please help me to become a better judge of character as well so that I can keep negative people out of my life and out of the lives of my family.

10. Bella

This was helpful to me but does anyone know a prayer from her and a prayer to her?

11. Erin

My confirmation day is coming soon and I have always known that Elizabeth would be my saint name. I just love the name and the person!!!

12. John Potatoes

She is also known for a miracle. The legend goes that one day she was going to offer some money to the poor. King Denis disliked her being so charitable and as he saw her leave the castle very early that morning, he set out to find out what the queen and her maids were going to do. As he reached them, he knew she was carrying coins on her lap. Then he asked 'what are you carrying there?'. She answered 'roses, my lord'--then she calmly unveiled what she was hiding on her lap, which actually was roses.

13. Larry

This article states Elizabeth of Portugal is Patron of the Third Order of St. Francis. That honor goes to Elizabeth of Hungary, however. Another site I read indicates the latter is great-aunt to the former. This page should be updated to remove incorrect information.

14. NJOKU ADLINE

I LOVE AND WILL EVER LOVED TO ALSO BE A PEACE-MAKER EVEN WITH OR WITHOUT BEARING HER NAME FOR MY CONFIRMATION NAME.

MAY HER GOOD AND GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE, AND MAY THE SOULS OF ALL THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED THROUGH THE MERCY OF GOD REST IN PERFECT PEACE, AMEN, AMEN, AMEN.

15. Mona

Dear Saint Elizabeth of Portugal, please pray for Jacob that he finds the right path and for his parents that they find the strenght and wisdom to guide him. Thank you.

16. joseph

I came to know about a new saint in my life....St.Elizabeth please pray for us to life a life that pleases Almighty god Jesus

17. myrna sarthou mateo

my 3rd daughter is BIANCA ISABEL....i like the story of ST. ELIZABETH OF PORTUGAL or SANTA ISABEL DE PORTUGAL....
    ST. ELIZABETH please intercede for my ORLANDO M. MATEO & children and husband to go to DAILY MASS like you. always please help me ask JESUS FOR a handsome, normal, GOD-FEARING BABY BOR FOR my son JOSE CARLO AND AMY.
    i lift up to you all my 5 GRANDCHILDREN ...please protect them from all evils of this world.
    ST. ELIZABETH OF PORTUGAL....pray for us

18. christie

St. Elizabeth of Portugal, I realized today that your great-grand aunt was Elizabeth of Hungary. Pray for all suffering wives whom husbands treat with silent treachery. Bless and protect women who are the victims of scandalous gossip. I have experienced this. There is nothing to fear because God sends His loving protection. We will never be free of scandalous lies, but I have seen God's protection.
    I would like to emulate the wonderful practice of attending daily Mass. There is no other better way to live, than to receive Jesus Himself elevated above the altar, true God and true Man. We come to You, warts and all. Help us in our helplessness. Amen

19. Patrick McSherry, OFM Cap

St. Elizabeth of Portugal is not the patron of the Third Order of St. Francis (Secular Order of St. Francis) as stated in the heading of your article. The patron of the Third Order of St. Francis is St. Elizabeth of Hungary whose feastday is November 17.

20. Samantha Elizabeth

This really helped me alot. I am going to pick her for my confirmation because she is alot like me and I am portuguese and I really like St. Elizabeth.