St. Dismas Comments

All that is known of Dismas is that he is the Good Thief crucified with Christ on Calvary. The other thief is known as Gestas. A completely unsubstantiated myth from the Arabic Gospel of the Infancy that enjoyed great popularity in the West during the Middle Ages had two thieves who held up the Holy Family on the way to Egypt. Dismas bought off Gestas with forty drachmas to leave them unmolested, whereupon the Infant predicted that they would be ... Continue Reading

1. dina

Question. What did Jesus mean when he told Dismas that this day you will be with me in paradise when at His ressurection He told Mary Magdaline that He had not been with His Father as yet.

2. Nekky

If God's so kind 2 allow those 2 theives 2 be wt him n paradise, even made them saint, who're we not 2 4give...

3. Michael

One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible ........now I'm sure of the saint's name......St. Dismis...........although never officialy canonized by The Church, Christ himself bestowed the honor...........that's good enough for me!!!!!!!!!

4. Dismas simiyu

So fabulous to me just because am called Dismas, I used to think Dismas is not a christian name before. The story of St. Dismas is realy an interesting story and a heart touching part in the life of a christian, teaches us to humble our self and repent so as to see the kingdom of God.

5. john

who was the first canonized saint by a pope? and when was he canonized and by which pope

6. Lou Ann Foltz

Rev. Crisp of Enid OK used the story of St. Dismas in a funeral he presided over on Tuesday. The story brought great comfort to the family of the young person who died. Thank you to Rev Crispo for sharing this Saint's story with us.

7. Lizabeth

I found this article very interesting indeed, what a wonderful testimony of how Jesus loves us all

8. Teresa

Wonderful story. I read a novel recently which mentioned the story of the good thief in the Gospel reading and the impact it had upon the very secular heroine of the story. (Killed By A Passing Snowflake) was the name of the book.