St. Dismas Comments

All that is known of Dismas is that he is the Good Thief crucified with Christ on Calvary. The other thief is known as Gestas. A completely unsubstantiated myth from the Arabic Gospel of the Infancy that enjoyed great popularity in the West during the Middle Ages had two thieves who held up the Holy Family on the way to Egypt. Dismas bought off Gestas with forty drachmas to leave them unmolested, whereupon the Infant predicted that they would be ... Continue Reading

1. Amy Mumink
    2 months ago

What makes him a Saint???

2. Silvia Rosova-Vilsoni

My husband and I named our eldest son Dismas. We chose this name because it reminds us of how deep Jesus's mercy is no matter who we are or how wrong we had lived our lives. St Dismas is the perfect example of true repentance, even at the last hour.Let us all be inspired by the love and mercy of God each day.

3. MAKINDI RODGERS

Actually all this time i didn't know that the two thieves were Dismus and Gestas. thank our lord Jesus for his immense mercy that he can even choose to forgive such a criminal,better still humbled himself to the extent of being crucified along the two thieves.He bore all this shame and humiliation for a much greater sinner who is me.Dear at the end of all this make inherit your kingdom for this i pray and for all sinners in the universal church. Amen.

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Dismas, please continue to remember me in your prayers.

5. Jesus<3er

St. Dismas, thank you for your good example.. Pray for us. Tell everyone I said "Hi"

6. christopher

St.Dismas i pray 2 you please watch over me
    God Bless us all
    Amen

7. MICHAEL KITEMBELE

St Dismas pray for me as a sinner that during my last seconds of my life I should remember to talk holy words

8. suzanne soderstrom

please pray for my marriage.

9. DISMAS SAKA

Am humbled and inspired at the same time to have shared a name with saint Dismas.Pray for me to live a lifelong legacy like you did,saint Dismas.

10. diane ballou

Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up.

And He did and that;s how we get to heaven by knowing Him, so that when we die, He will not say, depart from Me, I never knew you.

11. Dismas

Lets us be remourseful like st Dismas so that Jesus can remember us in Gods kingdom. St. Dismas pray for us.

12. Sebastian paul

The Lord gave hope to the comming generations when He granted the wish of St. Dismas. Praise the Lord.

13. Jean Lewis

St. Dismas, please pray for all of us mortals working our way to heaven. What wonderful words Jesus spoke to you on Good Friday.

14. stella

am amazed, i had never known that the thief who was forgiven by Jesus was called Dismas, its worth naming our children after him because of his Humility

15. Teresa

I love St Dismas and I pray to him for help with everyday life since of all saints I think he really knew the trials and tribulations of human existence. Readers might like to know that his story is referred to in the novel 'Killed by a passing Snowflake' and that the author M.M.Maguire has a fantastic contemporary story about a militant atheist meeting Dismas in 21st century London.

16. Mary

so y were these guys crucified, not stoned to death???

17. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Dismas, Though circumstances might have made you a thief, you had a repentant heart that captivated Jesus to grant you a place with him in paradaise. Please pray to Jesus to remember me in heaven. Thank You!

18. Aaron

He's the the patron St. of thieves because he stole heaven with his faith.

19. Regina Spindler

Where can I get a prayer to St. Dismas?

20. Jonathan

I always loved the story of St. Dismas in the Gospel of Luke. It shows how compassionate and merciful the Lord Jesus is, he forgave the worst of criminals on the cross before he died and told him that he would be with him in paradise.

I like Saint Dismas and it's a pity that even though his story is in the bible, hardly anyone has ever heard of the name Dismas or know that he is actually a holy saint in heaven. He is a rather unique saint compared to all the others; Dismas is the only saint to have been canonised by Jesus himself whilst he was on the cross, and he is the only saint who was canonised before he even died!!! That makes Saint Dismas a very special saint indeed and we should all try to remember him. Our Lord Jesus is the true redeemer and saviour and he proved that by forgiving and saving Dismas.