St. Agnes Comments

St. Agnes was a Roman girl who was only thirteen years old when she suffered martyrdom for her Faith. Agnes had made a promise, a promise to God never to stain her purity. Her love for the Lord was very great and she hated sin even more than death! Since she was very beautiful, many young men wished to marry Agnes, but she would always say, "Jesus Christ is my only Spouse." Procop, the Governor's son, became very angry when she refused him. ... Continue Reading

1. Esther

I was devastated about d kind of life i had lived. But this article on st Agnes gave me hope that i can love God again. St Agnes pray for me to be chaste and pure from this onward and for me to know my husband. Amen!

2. Jerry Agibi

I haven't thought of bordering knowing abt St Agnes until dis day wen I was observing my morning prayer after went I was touched to read abt her story. Am astonished wit ha faith, courage, submission & willing to die for God. Continue to pray for us for God's mercy & grace.

3. malwina janik

I think she is wonderful and very brave and especially young!!!

4. Alli

This is my confirmation name. When my teacher told me St. Agnes was the Patron Saint of Girls, she was giving us sugestions, I imediatly liked it and added it to my list. My very long list. Agnes is also my Great-grandmother who died on my birthday's middle name which makes it even better. I was torn between two other names but this one called to me.

5. agnes

I real thank my parents for giving me your name,may you real be the saint I can have the example n inspiration from.May you help me have a good spouce

6. Hannah

I picked Saint Agnes to be my confirmation saint because of her strong love for God and Jesus. Even when she was tortured she stayed true to God.

7. Lauren

I am inspired by this beautiful saint who was a leader, stayed true to her faith, beliefs and customs and even sacrificed her own life for the Lord. She is my role model and I am taking her name for my confirmation.

8. steffine

this was really really helpfull. for my youth group we had to pick a saint and do a topic on it and she is so wonderfull that i picked her! this article realy helped me and made it easy! thanks so much it means alot to me that people make these websites to help the catholic faith. god bless you!

9. Jeggie

You don't have to be thirteen to following the example of St. Agnes. I am in my forties and saving myself for marriage to my fiancee, so just stand by your Catholic faith and you will find God will bless you for it in so many ways.

10. stephanie

wow

11. Terrence

I spent some time in her city, Catania, but at the time I wasn't leading a chaste life. Now I can look back and say that I was some how blessed by her because I converted a couple years after returning from Italy.

One night I was looking up information about Catania, and came across photos of her Feast being celebrated in Catania, her name in Italian is Agata, and I read her story, and like each time I read it, I fell in love with this saint. The next morning I went to First Saturday Mass at the oldest and most beautiful church in Miami, Gesu. GUESS WHO"S FEAST DAY IT WAS! I love you SANT'AGATA!

12. sydney gonzales

this was a very helpful report it tells almost everything about st. agnes this helped me with my report i had for school if some one did not make this website i don't know what i would have done. thank you and may God bless all

13. Emie

St. Agnes is such an inspiration to me. Her story helps me to remember to stay pure. I love the way she remained strong even on the tip of the sword!!! Go Saint Agnes!!!!!

14. Floricita Benge

I read a story of a magazine published by Catholic organization. I was very young when I read it. It made an impact in my life. The title is "I cannot love you." The main characters are, Agnes and Marco. It was a nice and a very touching story. Marco and even his father were not bad Romans. They are just part of the pagan society at that time. Though Agnes was put to martyrdom in the story but it was not because of the father's manipulation. Marco and his father were both converted to Christianity at the end of the story because of Agnes undying faith and loyalty to God. I wonder if that story might be a revised version of St. Agnes life.

15. John Earley

Food for Thought Person----Check out the life of Saint Monica. Her life also makes your point very nicely. If she approached life like Saint Agnes did, we would have been deprived of Saint Augustine. Where there is faith there is life, Where there is life there is hope.

16. ks

i like st. agnes she has a rich heart but
    i got dissapointed when she was condemed to death
    but i like her :]

17. christian

st.agnes is very good

18. More Food for Thought----

We would all do well to also look at the life of Saint Rita. She was faced with a similar crisis but handeled it differently. She marred a most un-Christian man but managed to convert him by the time of his death. His soul was saved. She did the opposite of what Saint Agnes did but both are recognized as being saints.

19. hailNautu

beautiful story. im taking her as my confirmation saint. i Love her background..if only i have this kind of background.

20. Annie

this is a really really sad but great story. she had so much faith in her. i hope i can be like her one day. We pray for St. Agnes as she lives happily in heaven