St. Jerome Comments

St. Jerome, who was born Eusebius Hieronymous Sophronius, was the most learned of the Fathers of the Western Church. He was born about the year 342 at Stridonius, a small town at the head of the Adriatic, near the episcopal city of Aquileia. His father, a Christian, took care that his son was well instructed at home, then sent him to Rome, where the young man's teachers were the famous pagan grammarian Donatus and Victorinus, a Christian ... Continue Reading

1. adriana
    6 months ago

São Jerônimo fazei com eu seja mai fervorosa e fie a Palavra de Deus...

2. Joseph Mathew
    9 months ago

St. Jerome, please pray for me to be more faithful, fervent and devoted to the teachings of the Church as you were.

3. Justyne
    10 months ago

St. Jerome please pray for us humans to love God and our fellow brothers. Interceed for us for peace to reign in this world we live in and for cessation of these incessant killings in my country nigeria. Pray for me and for my family to follow the path of salvation, success in our endeavours and good jobs. Amen

4. waithiraa
    10 months ago

St Jerome pray for me on your feast day. I seek a husband and a family of my own.

5. J
    10 months ago

Happy Feast Day! My son took your name as his confirmation name. He was very impressed at a young age with the importance of your translations. Please pray for his continued success with his studies. Peace.

6. Leo A. Wilcox Jr.

This web-site is highly informative and very useful for those looking to expand their knowledge. St. Jerome has been, and continues to be one of my favored sources of Biblical information. My most often used Bible is the confraternity edition which was gifted to me by my mother. She was Lutheran, I am a member of The Church of God in Christ, and my daughter who gifted me with a beautiful edition of the Vulgate is protestant. When we married forty nine years ago, my wife was Catholic and I was Lutheran. We both love and are respectful of the Catholic Church. So, you can see that your web-site is not only for Catholics but for anyone who loves God. Keep up the good work. Bless you.

7. Roselynn

St. Jerome, please pray for the homeless, the hungry and those who need a job. Protect the children from all harm and please pray for the students who are preparing themselves to serve God in any way possible. St. Jerome, intercede for the sick and those who have cancer, diabetes melitus and those who are in nursing homes. The elderly need prayers too. May the families visit them and make them happy.

8. Michael

Boy, what a life Jerome had. He truly lived every kind of life possible and then some. What an inspiration he should be to all of us. For we are filled with tempation, we just don't always want to admit it! Jerome please pray for each and everyone of us and thank you so much for being such a fine example for all of us to try and follow.

9. christopher

St.Jerome Doctor great saint please pray for me and my family god bless us all
    Amen

10. Conor

Ooh I love jerome

11. Kokkeragadda.H.Bhaskara Rao

Dear St.Jerome!,I devotionally pray you for your intersession to rescue the Catholic Church in the present state of deterioration in faith and declining in the strength globally.Your great contributions ,especially of the Liturgical works are of magnificent treasures to our Faith. Please pray for me and for my family to stay strong rooted in the Catholic faith without yielding to the worldly attractions.Amen.

12. chet bas

happy feast day St. Jerome. please help my mom in her writings. thank you. please help us to have discipline

13. Kokkeragadda.H.Bhaskara Rao

Dear St.Jerome!,Please receive my prayers and greetings on this day of your FEAST DAY to day being celebrated in Heaven with everlasting joy of Divine powers and on earth by the Catholic Church ,with your devotees.I feel great pleasure and proud even to pronounce your resounding name of ST.JEROME. We can't imagine the Catholic Church without your great contributions especially the presentation of the official Latin version of the complete BIBLE.You are considered to be one of the four strong pillars,on which the HOLY SEE stands.You are great and role model to the past,present and future generations also.Dear St.Jerome,please pray for me to gain perfection in my faith and bless my family to cropup the fruits of Salvation. Amen."DEO GRATIUS"

14. Jose B. Caceres

Magnificent information on our Patron Saint.
    Remember, St. Jerry is the patron saints of TRANSLATORS the world over.
    We are celebrating him in Peru as in the rest of the world-.

HAPPY ST JERRY'S DAY FOR ALL TRANSLATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Joseph Mathew

St. Jerome, servant of Jesus, please intercede for me during my trials and temptations.

16. Carol

I love reading about the saints for the day. Very informative. Great way to learn about our catholic faith. St Jerome is yet another saint that makes me feel less alienated in this world.
    St Jerome please pray for my husband. Give him the strength to resist his temptations. Bring him closer to knowing God. Amen.

17. matt davis

Thanks for the information. I am writing a research paper on Jerome. Is there other sites that arent wikipedia and your site? I need 10 references.

18. themba mwelase

st jerome pray for us especially me for im weak. may i find joy in all calamities and enjoy hardwork as penance for my sins. amen

19. carlos

thank you this helped me on my project

20. Ochu Jerome

Thanks, i want to know more about prayers to saint jerome apart from the prayer of mercy.