St. Monica Comments

St. Monica was married by arrangement to a pagan official in North Africa, who was much older than she, and although generous, was also violent tempered. His mother Lived with them and was equally difficult, which proved a constant challenge to St. Monica. She had three children; Augustine, Navigius, and Perpetua. Through her patience and prayers, she was able to convert her husband and his mother to the Catholic faith in 370. He died a year ... Continue Reading

1. Donna

St Monica please pray that my son who is in college returns to his Catholic Faith. Its very hard for me and I need your help I can't do this alone.

2. Kathleen Sifuentes

St. Monica, Please pray for my family's return to the Church.

Thank you.

3. ann

there's no doubt why our section was named after you!!!!

4. Angelina

Hope and plzz watch and take of us

5. Angelina

Dear St. Monica
    I hope you can watch over my family and help us for wat we need to do and to get everything done right.

6. Monica

St Monica please pray for my family, relatives and friends to be safe and healthy.

7. David

Please pray my mom, Jeannine, would pray for me like Santa Monica prayed for Augustine! Thank you in the Name of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit, Amen.

8. Monica

Please pray for me to be strong and be a religious like you.Pray for my family,relatives,friends and other people around the world.

9. Angelina

St. Monica is cool and I have to do a report on her.

10. tina ortega

please help my son quit smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol. he is only 15 years old and needs to be guided through these hard teenage years to do right and have faith in the lord that everything will be alright just by listening and following his mothers advice.

11. Vincent and Laura

She is indeed a great woman!! Though the battle was tough she fougth it by the Grace of Almighty God, and kept us an emxample never to give up in life. Thanks for the beautiful article.

12. Joseph E. Christopher

St. Monica was married and the picture shows her as a religious nun. It would be better to include when and how she became a religious nun. It is also beneficial to include the outstanding miracles that she performed. to support here sainthood.

Joe e Christopher, Sri Lanka

13. Nancy

Eightteen months ago I was told by my confessor to pray to St. Monica for the souls of my children. This was on a Saturday afternoon. That Monday, I went for my first radiation treatment for breast cancer. The radiation tech greeted me with a loving smile and kind eyes. She said, "Nancy", I said yes. She said, "I'm Monica, I will be helping you through your radiation". Yes Monica helped me and so did St. Monica. God gave me these blessed ladies to show how deeply he loves me. Thank you Lord.

14. Thomas

St.Monica pray me and my family.Pray for us for the grace to do the will of God everyday of our live.

15. richard lewis

isn't there more to the story? monica had a tremendous impact on augustine, and augustine went on to be a major figure in catholicism. i wish i knew more about how monica influenced religion through her son. but still, this saint-of-the-day email is a daily inspiration, so thanks.

16. Jason

Saint Monica, please join my Mother in prayers for me as well as please pray with me to save and protect my three sons.
    AMEN!

17. Catholic

Saint Monica, pray for us! You are a model of humility, patience and prayer. Not only did Our Blessed Lord hear every prayer, He gave you the conversion of your son, and wiped away every tear from Heaven as he went on to recognition as a Doctor of the Church! May we see you as a model of humility, patience and prayer. Pray for us!

18. chris

St. Monica's life is an inspiration for all - prayer & perseverance is all things.

19. Raquel Castro rioflorido

St. Monica Pls pray my family to have a betterlife specially my daughther Aubrey giver an strength to finish her studies even though we are facing financial difficulties.agive my husband an strength to fight the lust to other woman

20. Katerina

Dear St. Monica, please, help me with me and my man who is far away from me to het married and be together. I miss him and we are so sufferign without each other.
    Please, let us get married and always be togther.