Deficit spending - You're being lied to, Reublicans and Democrats take you for a fool Comments

For the third time, we'd like to expose the blatant lies of our government and ask why nobody is doing anything about them. The federal government is reporting a deficit of $98 billion but that the national debt remains just $25 million below the official debt ceiling. Continue Reading

1. KarlVDH

Actually, my contention is that they're BOTH liars to the utmost degree... Vance has illusions otherwise.
    My feeling is that a new party isn't viable... it simply ensures that the two parties, and probably the Democrats, have less competition, and no one needs that. If, however, instead of whining and wringing our hands we were willing to stand up and take control of the party by doing the work and putting in the effort ourselves instead of just complaining, or, worse, like Vance and Rafaelmarie, pretending that since they're not Democrats, the GOP is "okey dokey," then we might really be able to make a difference and get some real representation. What we've got now is nothing but smooth lies and a good fa├žade.

2. David Hollingsworth

Karl and Vance, you two seem to be tied up in debates about who is the biggest liar or who is the most corrupt. Let's cut to the quick- The author of this article says we are being jerked around and lied to by both sides. What does he or she think we should do about it? need a new party - what?

3. KarlVDH

One final word, Vance.
    Your description? Guess what! In spirit, if not in action, the Republicans fit it too. You can insult me, spin and twist all you want... the truth? One set of liars is no better than the other. And having AGAIN sought to avoid the truth by painting me as a Democrat, you sir, clearly belong among the liars. The Republicrats own you. I sincerely hope you eventually see truth and turn to Christ instead.

4. Vance

KarlVHD, I'll simple conclude our verbal tennis match by saying if any politician who does not oppose abortion, homosexual marriage, Obamacare, legalizing drugs, then they are not on my side. Any political party that passionately BOOS God at their convention is definitely not on my side. Any politician or political party that sues to push God, Jesus Christ, Nativity scenes, Christian Crosses out of the public square is not on my side. Any politician or political party that passes laws that forces the Catholic Church and the faithful to violate their religious beliefs is most definitely NOT on my side. And this is just half the list. Do you know where I am going with this Karl?? Your Dear Leader and his/your Communist Democrat Party are not only NOT on my side but they are also NOT on the side of America, and lastly NOT on yours.

5. KarlVDH

Let me try it this way. Vance, the reason I reject the GOP isn't out of some "agenda," or some "ploy" because I'm actually a Leftist. I'm not. My rejection of the GOP is becausre I don't buy THEIR lie any more than I do the Democrats'. Get it? I reject your either/or premise entirely; they're both hideous. Your whole objection has been comparative... "Sure, the Republicans did this, but look how much worse what the Dems did is!"
    Vance, that's like telling someone to jump in for a swim with pirhana because... hey, at least they're not sharks!
    Sorry... I choose not to swim there at all. I believe we- the Church- ought to be the boat that keeps people from HAVING to swim with the Republicrat predators.

6. KarlVDH

Vance, see, this is what I mean. You've so played into their hands you don't even see it. Criticizing the Republicans is not a defense of the Democrats. Honesty about one does not constitute support for the other. I'm neither a Leftist nor a Democrat, nor do I support any of the things they stand for.
    What I am, Vance, is a Catholic, who refuses to accept a lie from the Right over a lie from the Left, and who refuses to choose between two sides when I see that both are hopelessly corrupt and neither actually represents in any real way the Catholic perspective or our interests.
    I have said that we need to wrest power from these guys ourselves; you would be content to stick with the Republicans. you're buying a lie, man, and when challenged on it, your only defense is to accuse and insult me. Think about that. Be intellectually honest enough to admit what you know deep down, Vance... neither party cares about you.
    I'm not saying this as some "ploy." I genuinely loathe both parties, reject them both as the frauds they are, and I sincerely hope you'll shake yourself free of the intellectual chains they've put on you so tight to recognize that you've got a God-given right to something better, and a God-given responsibility to reject the Culture of Death... which is all EITHER party represents in action and practice, if not in word and rhetoric.
    It isn't "my guys and your guys," Vance. they're BOTH YOURS. Wake up, man!

7. Vance

KarlVDH, HUH???? Yes, you are definitely not a Republican. You say you're not a Democrat. OK, but you have made it abundantly clear that you are a socialist and a left-wing guy. You say that you are not a Democrat but I find it interesting how you passionately defend Obama and the Communist Democrat Party when anyone challenges them and their attacks on the Church and our country. Your posts speak for themselves. You leave no illusions about where you are coming from. The 'Both Sides' are evil ploy is an old leftist trick that tries to divert attention away from the criminal Communist Democrat Party deeds. "Don't pay attention to that man behind the curtain".

Again, I suggest that you be intellectually honest about who you are because telling us that you are something you're not only makes you look foolish. Be the Left wing socialist Obama defender you are. It's OK. You challenge we the faithful to be intellectually on our toes. May I be bold in suggesting to you to give Jesus a chance. Come over and defend his Church and his Holy Sacraments. Defend Life from conception to natural death. You will be a happier man.

8. KarlVDH

VANCE. One more time. I'm NOT a Democrat. I support neither the party nor its aims. Your ONLY argument thus far has to been to twist the conversation and make it about me instead of what's being said. I believe in NEITHER party. Got that now? Next time you say it, you'll be a liar.
    Know what the truth is? YOU, my friend, having bought into this whole "one-or-the-other," partisan team mentality... it's YOU who provide the Demoicrats with what they need. YOU are the one supporting their agenda, and you don't even realize it. Your whole "this or that" worldview does nothing but ensure that the Republicrats will be all we have to look forward to, and your masters- especially the ones on the Left- love you for it.
    Supporting EITHER party is support for lying, greedy killers. And you're totally sold to them.

9. Vance

KarlVDH, One can get dizzy reading your post because you talk in circles. You've laid out all the Communist Democrat Party 'Talking Points' which are the same old tired clap trap. I'm not defending the GOP or asking you to join the GOP. What I am doing is "Defending my Church and my country against your Communist Democrat Party and your Dear Leader who is persecuting my church and destroying my country. Your lame "Both Sides Are Killers" works well among your comrades on the Huffington Post or The Daily Beast websites but you're an obvious Obamabot trolling Christian or Conservative websites to catch spears and arrows for your Dear Leader Obama. (( BUT )) that's OK because it keeps we the Faithful on our toes.

Your Party is the Party of Death and Deceit. Your Party 'Booed God', promoted sodomy, promoted Birth Control, Abortion, and sex outside of marriage. Remember Sandra Fluke?? She went on national TV to promote free birth control and abortifacients to be paid for by you, me, the Catholic Church, and America. Your Dear Leader has created more poverty since Great Depression I. These are all facts. In 2011, Boehner and the GOP voted to "Defund" Planned Parenthood. Your Prince Charming Leader threatened to "Shut Down" the government over the Planned Parenthood defunding.

I return to the issue of your Party that is on the cusp of fining The Catholic Church a Million Dollars a Day if it refuses to provide Birth Control and Abortion services to its employees or if it refuses to marry two sodomites. It's coming January 1, 2015 after the mid-term elections. The official date is August 1, 2013. Your Party and its leaders are liars and murderers. And these are the people you defend?? Give Jesus a chance. Come defend him and his Church.

10. KarlVDH

No indeed... my only problem under the Evil Freak Trio was finding myself at war in Iraq- a country where Al Qaeda and Bin Laden were UNWELCOME at all when the three amigos decided to answer the four thousand plus dead on 9/11 with five thousand more dead Americans in a country that had nothing at ALL to do with 9/11, during a laughable "war on Terror" in which we invaded Iraq with eight times the resources committed to Afghanistan- home of the Taliban and Al Qaeda, who actually DID attack us that day, all the while ignoring real state sponsors of terrorism in the region because American oil families- like the Bush clan- are toed into them so deeply that we looked the other way and concentrated on the one country that was in no way involved. Of course, we also moved Burger King, KFC, Popeye's, Baskin Robbins, GreenBeans coffee, and a myriad of others onto every major base, and spent OBSCENE ammount of money on KBR/Halliburton for no particular reason. Cooks, supply techs, fuelers and the like found themselves in infantry and convoy respite the millions in training they received, we inexplicably hired civillians to do those jobs- in the war zone- as contractors- for THOUSANDS more per month than the troops you paid to train earned. And those were the kids being unjured, maimed and killed while civillians did the jobs they were trained for. I made armor for my truck out of scrap metal while Rumsfeld told the world we were all in armored vehicles.
    Yeah... the President's a bad man.
    So was his predecessor. Yu have NOTHING, vance, but the accusation that I'm somehow enamored of Obama and the democrats because I continue to point out the truth: the Republicans are just as evil, just as undeserving of a Catholic vote.
    Now make your next inane accusation and defend these animals. you're choosintg one lie over another because you like the sound of it better. And that's just foolish.