Theology of the Body and Homosexual 'Marriage' Comments

The Church's "yes" to authentic human marriage and its incalculable value to the spouses, to family life, and to the common good, compels her to say "no" to cheap imitations.  All that glisters is not gold, especially if it already shows signs of rust and tarnish.  The Church knows the gold of human sexuality that is open to the gift of children expressed between a man and woman within marriage, and can therefore recognize the ... Continue Reading

1. Andrew M. Greenwell

@Eleni: I did not select the picture on the main banner. I agree with your assessment.

2. Laurie

I agree with those above who found your photos connected with this article to be objectionable...ditto that illustrating the article on the lesbian assault of the Belgium Bishop. I believe it is important to inform the Catholic public regarding such reprehensible behavior.
    It is, however, unkind to show such images to those who would not want to witness motal sin in action.
    I have Catholic online as my homepage because I believed it was safe for myself and my teenage daughter who homeschools on-line with a Catholic Academy.
    I would never purposely view photos such as you have presented and I don't appreciate having them displayed on my screen as soon as I go on-line. Please remove such sinful and sensationalistic material from your website.

3. Larry

Are we arguing securlar vs. religious views and visions? What do we say marriage is and what is it for? According to who? Secular or Religious view - sometimes they cross
    1) 2 people in a commited relationship, pledged to each other exclusively
    2) With a purpose of bearing, raising, nurturing children to continue the human race and tend to those born into the world
    3) With a purpose to care for each other, experiences and share joys of life, be there for each other thru life's challenges

Can 2 people get married without all the intentions that the Church has in mind and it be a recognized marriage with no reference to God? People get married today with the idea that it will last as long as it lasts and then they will move on. People get married with no intention of having children or with the intention of adopting other people's children with none of their own. People live together with no formal commitment or marriage vows and do raise their own and others' chidlren. They may not be recognized by the Church but are they marriages? Yes. People live with each other in marriage and without commitment of marriage after child bearing years and make love because of love and companionship.

The focus on bearing children or formal marriage is no longer so front and center but still important because of choices people make that no one objects to or accepts in life. The theology of the body still needs to adequately address these issues well or what we call marriage will be Chrisitan or religious marriages.

4. Christian Bisson

My wife and I are with Eleni. Could you please help clean up the internet and police yourself in terms of the pictures you are putting out there? We really don't need to be shocked by this kind of disgusting behavior. We have Catholic Online as our homepage because we are practicing Catholics and we figured it would be a safe page to open when we turn on the internet. When our teenage kids do homework and check their emails they really should not be exposed to this kind of pictorial display. Please do your part in helping us raise them for eternity. I'm sure you would not want to be found guilty of contributing to the corruption of our children's morals, not to mention ours as well. Thank you.

5. Eleni

i dont need to see such pictures to get the point. way too much and offensive.

6. abey

When we say God made man, is to say two, for out of the man made He the woman. To this when we say - man in the fulness, this fulness can only be if he is able to bear fruit which he cannot do by himself but through the woman, for in the beginning "Male & Female" created He them. The fruit that comes out of him in the fulness, which is them, to his image & likeness, cannot be put asunder, cannot be separated even Biologically, thus is how man Generates himself to the Words of God 'Be fruitful & multiply'. Since a child is born of the parents the child needs both of them to its upbringing to sustain the healthiness in Spirit & body so that the child in turn may carry forward the words "Be fruitful & multiply" & so on. But when this pattern, which comes off the Origin, is not adhered to by obstructions, like large scale divorces, to children being brought up by single parent (Why God hates divorces) denying them the fulness of their requirements & in turn moving away from the most basic kind, against the fulness of his generation, drawn to alien unions where sex becomes involved not to his continuity, however effectionate, grand, liberal, alternate life style etc which he may term, is but the style of delusion, to the appeasement of sin, against his survival, unto his discontinuation, Unto a time when he will not more be able to reproduce even if he wants, to his end, not withstanding the fate of his soul, that does not die. The severity of the gay agendas to its unions, not at all "structured" to be. To this, the "Complacency", not contending for the Faith(if the preachings from the pulpits are any evidence) adds up to the evil of the day.