Pope Francis Hits Home Run: Chooses Dynamically Orthodox Bishops for Iowa and North Dakota Comments

In appointing his first US Bishops to care for the faithful in Fargo, North Dakota and Dubuque, Iowa, Pope Francis upset some who confuse his simple manner with a lack of doctrinal orthodoxy.Both of these gifted servants of the Lord are doctrinally orthodox, holy, happy and faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. Pope Francis, in his first time up at bat, sent a signal which bodes well for the years in which he will serve ... Continue Reading

1. Mike

Emma, don't leave Peter because of Judas. In other words, don't leave the church which brings Christ's flesh and blood to the world because of sinners within the church. Judas and all the apostles sinned, but Christ still chose these sinners to help lead His church, and specifically chose Peter to be the head of His church. Don't let sinners (we are all sinners) cause you to leave Christ's church that he founded, even when priests aren't the best examples. It is the devil whispering in your ear, tempting you to stop believing. In fact, pray for all of those who disobey the Church, they are not in a good place and need us brothers and sisters in Christ to pray for them.

2. Robert

Amen!

Pray that Pope Francis continues on this path.

3. colleen

I grew up in the Dubuque Diocese and still have family there - glad to know they have a faithful and orthodox shepherd to lead them...Amen

4. An On

Great article!! keep up the good fight Deacon Keith.

Thank you for defining what is progressive. You've nicely unmasked progressives that promotes pagan agenda that are really oppose to cultural progress.

It's like, liberals that does not give others freedom to practice their religion. Freedom advocates that does not give freedom to the unborn. Liberals that censor news that does not support their agenda. Liberals judges that force people to follow what they want. g-Rights Movement that does not give rights to the christian. So, where is liberty of others for these liberals? Where is freedom of choice/conscience for christian to practice their religion? Are we, the majority submissive to the progressives and liberals?

Let us pray...

5. Bruce

I cannot wait to see who is appointed to Marquette,Mi.

6. Emma

If I had one question to ask Pope Francis, it would be this : " I'm a neophyte to the Catholic Church, two years now. What brought me into the Faith was full belief in and desire for the Eucharistic Miracle. I have a deep reverance for the Eucharist. For quite some time, I dismissed comments by other, older members of the church who spoke out against Catholic Political Figures who spoke publicly against church teachings while still partaking of the Eucharist. You know, the statements made such as 'they confuse the faithful ''. I thought, 'I'm not confused. This is the Body and Blood of the Living Christ. ' My husband and I attend Mass in a cathedral close to the state capitol of CA. Not every Sunday, but every once in a while, certain Catholic Politicians also attend. They are dispensed the Eucharist. These are people who consistently speak out in favor of abortion. If I know who they are, at twenty yrs. old, I'm sure that the priests and bishop knows them. Why is it ok for those who advocate murdering innocent children to receive the Body of Christ? It now IS causing me confusion! Was I lied to by the church? Is this truly the Living Christ? If so, does this mean it can be received even by those who speak out against Him? Or does it mean 'do what you want all week long, receive Reconciliation on Sat. then go back to your own ways Sun.Afternoon? ' This causes me to doubt all church teaching!! Why should I believe anything if the very reason I longed for full communion with the church is treated so very disrespectfully by its priests? I do still believe, help my unbelief! " That's what I would ask.

7. Michael

"For some, the word progressive is now a cover for a radical ideology which fails to respect human dignity and undermines marriage and the family."
    Yes! Formerly known as "liberalism," but still a cancer on society AND the Church. I hope Pope Francis' wariness of "progressivism" spreads to the left-leaning U.S. bishops.

8. MICHAEL D

This article was a delight to read. I just read Peter Kreeeft's 'C.S. LEWIS FOR THE THIRD MILLENIUM' and this article is right on target. For readers who are trying to discern what collectivism and progressive philosphies can lead to, they may also want to read J. Talmon's 'Origins of Totalitarian Democracy'. Our nation is in dire need of repentence. Where the eternal soul had been the dominant concern of man for centuries, our nation has replaced it with immediate sexual gratification. Where God (the Creator) once stood atop all, modern man has now place power, property, wealth and sex. American Catholics need to wake up and Pope Francis might be the Pope to help them do it.

9. MICHAEL D

10. abey

A truthful article. When the Church spells the word "Orthodoxy" it is to mean "Apostolic" to her Faith, to which "progressiveness" is again to the Faith- Apostolic indeed.