The Papal Conclave, Day 2: What's Wrong With Fox's Shepard Smith? Comments

If Fox News wants to keep its Catholic viewership, which we believe is substantial, it's time for those in charge to make a change. A required month-long retreat and absence from Fox News for Shepard Smith would be a good beginning -- to discourage him and others from sneering at the Church beloved by millions. Continue Reading

1. Ken

Obiviously, Fox News is just as guilty as Mr. Smith's views with the Catholic Church. When they allow disrespect to the Church. That is one reason why I will not watch Fox News.

2. Johnny

do not mind and forgive Mr. Shepard Smith for his ignorance . why listen to this man who is an outsider and doesnt even have a religious life. a lot of women are serving the church but doesnt even clamor to be a priest. it is just the outsiders who wants the church to align which caprices.

3. Randy

I find it rather unsettling that the author presumes to tell Fox News how to deal with or punish one of it's host commentators with whom they disagree.. Yes, voice your objections and let Fox know of your disapproval, I agree with you by the way. But let Fox deal with Mr. Smith. You would not appreciate Fox's suggestions on how the Church deals with it's personnel.

4. Roxana

I don't care if you are a Catholic and you think women should be priests or not, there are ways of making questions and of behaving in certain occasions. This is sad.

I also don't know how long we are going to go on and on about the sex scandals like if we were the only Church or youth organization for that matter, that has dealt with this problem. I believe a major university had the same problem too and the only one they fired was the head coach.

We are all humans dealing with human situations. Let's give the Church the space to deal with those issues we need addressed. I think there are bigger issues that we have to deal with than whether the Church is not moving with the times or women should be priests, and by the way, I am a woman. I have my opinions on this issues too. I just think there is a time and a place for these kinds of conversations and it bothers me when other people from other churches want to impose their opinions on mine.

5. Paul Burgess

Why is the Church so afraid of answering questions if they hold the "absolute truth." Instead of answering any of these questions this article is just whining about having to explain positions they hold. Someone please give a good answer of just one of Smith's questions.

6. Edward Q. Guerrero

@Rara Avis

What elegant ranting- typical Liberal style with a tinge of Relativism! So Brace yourself for Pope Francis is out to obliterate militant secularism! Going after it with the best weapons from the heavens arsenal; he will certainly succeed! BTW, what Ivy League University did You receive your degree from err....never mind I know from where and I don't even have to guess!

7. Ken

I really wish people who get this idea right. Women can not be Priest. A Priest is a male. A women would be called a Priestess. Playing games with words to make it sound better does not make it any more right. Jesus and Priest espouse the Church, their bride. So you liberal women how just do you espouse Jesus's Bride and not call it sick, a homosexual act. They only thing these type of people really want to espouse is Satan and the ways of the World and not what is of God.

8. mark

Just love Shep and forgive him..................no matter what...............

9. MiMo

Smith has always been a sensationalist, arrogant, unprofessional dope.

10. Rob

Good post Bill. Sadly, I suspect that both parties are only interested in an elistist ruling class. To the degree the dems have pursued "socialism" the repubiclans have been content to leave it in place. Just two sides to the same darn coin.

With my new job I have not been able to follow those idiots in DC as closely as I did. But it's funny as I have tuned in that you really don't have to. No matter who is in charge, they are basically making a mess of things and not doing their job. And I'm not sure who is the bigger idiot, those guys or we the voting public that just keeps sending them back to collect those sweet government checks, perks and lifetime pensions. (But please, deep six social security and medicare...they don't need it.)

Neither party has demonstrated that they care about the people they serve. No one get's a pass from that.