Rest in the Peace of the Lord Ma: My Mother Ellen has Died, After a Life Well Lived Comments

On Tuesday, March 4, 2013, my beloved mother Ellen died in her sleep. She had struggled for months as her aging body seemed to run out of steam.  She never fully recovered from the loss of the love of her life, her husband and my father, Duval who died in 2001. She died the day after his birthday. How fitting. Continue Reading

1. Lindangel

Dear Deacon, I am so sorry for the loss of your "Ma", she sounds very much like my own Mother, who left us 15 years ago, and we still miss her everyday. I tell my children the first blessing a child is given, is that he or she will be born to a loving and caring Mother, who will teach the child, the ways of our Lord. God bless.

2. Andrew M. Greenwell

May God rest your "Ma's" good and gentle soul. I am quite sure she heard the words "Well done, good and faithful servant."

3. P.Vladimir Mikulica

I pray for your Mother Ellen, dear Deacon Keith!ยจ
    Fr. Vladimir, Prague, CZ

4. SaraPalen

May God bless you and your family in your time of grieving, Deacon Keith.
    Thanks for sharing such a personal thing with those of us here. My prayers are with you and your heavy heart.

5. Diane

Dear Deacon, I am so sorry for your loss. Your Mother sounds like a wonderful woman. Losing our mother is one of the most difficult things we experience. They are the ones that give us life, love, nurture and protect us. May she rest in peace.

6. Michael

May your "Ma" rest in peace. And may the Peace of the Lord that surpasses all understand come to abide in you and all of your family. May our Blessed Mother hold you all and console you all.
    God Bless you,
    Michael

7. abey

My deep condolences for your loss. Joy is to be, in the presence of the Lord, which joy the world cannot give.

8. mjgt

She must have been a very special woman to have raised a son such as yourself.

9. Jennifer Hartline

Peace be with you and all your family, Deacon Keith. Your beautiful tribute to your mother left me in tears. I pray the Lord will carry you through your sorrow and sustain your family with eternal hope.

10. Bill Sr.

There is no greater blessing on earth among mankind than a mother's birth of her child. Faith, Hope and Charity are combined and revealed in this greatest of all human events.
    No conquest would have ever been achieved n,o city ever built, no discovery revealed, no instrument brought to use, nor song or praise given breath to be heard had it not been for a mother's labor of love for life.
    Motherhood involves risks and sacrifices as a matter of nature which no man has or will ever have to face. The things which take place in a mother's womb during pregnancy surpass all the amazing realities of the universe that have been revealed to us throughout the ages. How can we be in awe of what has become know to us in the heavens or on earth and not be overwhelmed by the mysteries which occurred within a mothers womb?
    Science tells us that man can neither create nor destroy matter. This is true, however, the woman God created accomplishes more naturally on her own with matter than any scientist has ever dreamed of doing. This is why we "thank heaven for little girls" and also why it is such a disgrace and source of shame that in some areas of the world they are degraded, defiled, discarded, or sold into slavery. It seems only God knows woman"s true value.
    When Adam was in paradise with all of nature at his disposal he knew he was not complete. God must have wanted him to come to this conclusion and tested his judgment and selectivity. Nothing on earth suited him and it was up to the creator Himself to establish the perfect mate for him. Someone who would compliment his nature and enable him to be the crowning earthly creature the Creator desired.
    It is safe to say that women originally and unto this day have provided the "link" needed by man to reach the heights of human perfection designed for him. Yes, thank heaven for little girls and the wonderful mothers they can become, like your mother Deacon Keith and our savior's mother, Mary Queen of Heaven