Rest in the Peace of the Lord Ma: My Mother Ellen has Died, After a Life Well Lived Comments

On Tuesday, March 4, 2013, my beloved mother Ellen died in her sleep. She had struggled for months as her aging body seemed to run out of steam.  She never fully recovered from the loss of the love of her life, her husband and my father, Duval who died in 2001. She died the day after his birthday. How fitting. Continue Reading

1. Eileen Ferrara

What a wonderful tribute. Well said. God Bless.

2. Emma

Your beloved Ma came alive to me through your story of her; especially the remembrance of shared meals with those in dire straits, having been the recipient of meals from other "Mas" along my journey. There surely was a special crown reserved for her that she joyfully wears. My condolences and prayers are offered for both her and your family. In love, Emma de la Cruz

3. Chuck Denison

Keith,

Really sorry to hear of your loss. I remember her so vividly -- for some reason, most especially that cold morning your idling Chevrolet caught fire in front of the apartment .... "“One of the saddest things in life, is the things one remembers.” Agatha Christie. Anyway, prayers for you this week -- hope you are doing well. Will her service be in FL? In Lakeland? RSVP if you get the chance.

Love you,
    Chuck

4. Faith E. Sharkey

My heart goes out to you and your family as you mourn the loss of your beloved mother, but I rejoice that she was able to "go home" where she so longed to be. It was indeed time for her well deserved rest as all of us will be called home one day. She will be waiting to join each of you one day when your time comes and the joy of Christ with Christ will be shared. Until then, please know that many will be praying for your family and your Mom.

5. mgm.

My sincere condolences Deacon.

6. Mrs. Rene O'Riordan

I am so, so sorry for your loss Deacon Keith - If, at my departure, my sons could speak of me as you have of your mom I would be the most joyful of souls entering into the place prepared for me by Jesus. If joy can be added to the perfect joy you have increased your mom's joy. - Blessings and gratitude to you for all you have done for me on my journey and blessings and thanks to the mother who taught you. - Rene

7. jlf

Rev. Deacon, "Ma" is very much alive. I heard her voice quite clearly throughout your article. She's rejoicing now; not just for herself, but because she sees what our Lord has in store for you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for introducing me to her.

8. kathleen

Dear Deacon,

I have come to know you through your articles of life. You have given us, your readers lessons, instruction,and yes at times humor. You have helped your unknown audience in many ways and for that I am most thankful. I just wish I could offer something to you in your family's time of sorrow but no set of words could ever be adequate.
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved mother, but you know something? I have a distinct feeling she was proud of her children and honored to have been your mother.
    May eternal light shine upon her, and may she rest in peace.

9. Rachel Galloway

Dearest Deacon Keith, my sincere condolence from the bottom of my heart...I very well
    relate to your to your beautiful story about the loss of your beautiful "Ma"...I lost my "Mama"
    at the young age of 56yr. to Diabetes in 1964.....Your beautiful tribute to your beloved
    Mother brought tears to my eyes...Tears for your heartache of loss and tears of my memories of my beloved Mother...GOD bless you and your family and may our Blessed Mother help to alleviate the deep pain of your loss thru all our prayers...Que te vendiga
    DIOS...

10. Larry

Deacon Keith,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my Mom last may and the loss still stings.

But reading your article, I just can't help but thinking that your Mom was embraced quite heartily and heard those wrods we all long to hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant".

God bless you and your family - I will keep your Mom and Dad in my prayers, along with mine.