Benedict the Builder Pope Resigns His Office. His Work Will Continue in a Restored Church and a New Missionary Age Comments

After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry. I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today's world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions ... Continue Reading

1. kathy

This is a sign, just like in the book of Revelation, of the great tribulation. The next Pope will reveal the antiChrist. Please people, pray the Rosary every day, and tell everyone you know to pray the Rosary.

2. DLL

There is none greater than this man of God living today. The resignation is a sign of humility. The Pope is a leader but not an egotistic one. I back him on this decision. It is wise to see to needs of the Church as being of extreme importance. I only Hope that the next Pope will be one as wise as this one is. To know ones limitations is wise. God bless the Pope!

3. andrew

The Holy Father will remain connected to us in prayer. That's something many Catholics in the last 700 years could not experience and therefore, we have been Blessed though this rare act. The Church must grow, he must reduce? If Jesus was all about redemption, the Holy Father could not have selected a better day. 'El Cid', if I can say it, will not just ride into the sunset this time.

4. Martin Eze Nwosu

Pope Benedict is a great teacher, He teach both with his life word and action. A very humble Pope a living Saint. May the Almighty God whom he served well give him more strenght to see many more healthy years.

5. mike

now we shall see if "The Prophecy of St. Malachy" (1,000 A.D.) will come true, and a second Peter leads the Church into "the end of the present age."

6. Paul-Emile Leray

Dear Deacon, thank you for this article. In my case, I received this news from you and this website. He certainly is humble, brilliant, a servant leader. A beautiful mustard seed that grew up just as Jesus intended. While so many "in the world" cling to power and control at all costs, here we have a humble example of a great man who has so much humility and freedom properly rooted in Christ that he can simply transition to yet another form of prayer and therefore service. I found both Popes: JPII and Benedict XVI to have been very inspiring. How fortunate we are to have human beings like this, voices of sanity who offer themselves in humility for the betterment of humanity. Strong in heart, spirit, soul, mind, body; properly aligned with and rooted in: truth.
    Paul-Emile Leray

7. Kenneth L Brickner

God bless our Pope Benedict XVl, it takes a great person to make very difficult decisions, one of his most difficult decisions was to step down. He put his own reputation at risk for the good of the church and it's disciples. God bless him forever

8. Greg

I am at the very same moment sadden, and rejoicing. Sadden, for I got to like our Pope - not as a Vicar or Christ, but as a man. Rejoicing, for in this Year of Faith, Christ, who proclaimed this year, 50 years after start of Vatican II, 40 years after Supreme Court in the US declared that it is okay to kill children in the mothers' womb, shows that something extraordinary is going to happen. The most extraordinary for me would be that I would finally die to my desires, and completely offered myself for God and service of others. But I suspect something much more significant will happen. Come Holy Spirit!

9. Mary

"May the Lord preserve him and give him life and make him blessed upon the earth and deliver him not into the will of his enemies."