Jamie Foxx proclaims Obama as 'messiah' to cheering crowd Comments

Actor and musician Jamie Foxx just spat, figuratively, on the faith of all believers, committing blasphemy by replacing Jesus with Barack Obama. Foxx made the offensive remarks during an awards ceremony on Sunday in Las Vegas, Nevada. Continue Reading

1. Thomas

Christian J. Bisson,

I just wanted to say God Bless you. Truly the Holy Spirit was speaking through you when you replied to Chris Vandetta. Pray that he listens to the Truth of the Gospel message and sees the error of his ways. And has the humility to ask the Lord for forgiveness. The path to Heaven is hard and narrow and not many make it, and the path to Hell is broad and easy. Unfortunately many choose it. -JMJ-

2. Christian J. Bisson

To Chris Vandetta. If you voted for Obama, as you say, you are morally complicit in the intrinsic evil acts he embraces and promotes. (That is what the Bishops say). You can bet your life he is serious about following through on his promise to continue his war on the most innocent and defenseless amongst us, our unborn brothers and sisters. How do you think Jesus feels about this? I don't think He is too thrilled. We have become a very selfish and evil nation. I would argue that it is not the government's job to maintain programs and aid to the undervalued in our society nor to feed and educate our children. That is our job, our duty and our God-given responsibility. Jesus told us that we have to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, comfort the afflicted and otherwise look after the welfare of our brothers and sisters. That is our job, not the government's. As a Church we have been doing this quite well. With Obama and his pernicious agenda we stand with the very real possibility that our ability to care for the poor amongst us will be severely curtailed.

We who are Catholics are supposed to be salt and light in the world. Obama is not. And he is not the savior. What he proposes is continued destruction. He's taking aim at the Church and with your help and support, persecution is just around the corner. There is light and darkness here. Two different powers are at work.

Obama has deceived you and countless others with empty and sometimes very evil promises. Haven't you noticed or heard that he intends to force people of faith to violate their beliefs? That is huge! What audacity! He's telling us to reject God and to worship at his altar or face the consequences. And you go along with it. Don't you know that it is a mortal sin to procure an abortion? It is also the same sin to cooperate in it. That is what Obama is telling us to do. I don't know what kind of Catholic you are but your cooperation with intrinsic evil, (abortion, homosexuality, same sex marriage, etc..), would lead me to think that you have chosen an alien god or were poorly instructed in the practice of your faith. I would suggest that you listen to and not ignore what the Bishops have said on the matter. When they speak, when the Church speaks, Christ Himself speaks. He has spoken loud and clear on these matters.

I would suggest a humble prayer and petition to the Holy Spirit that He may instruct you in his ways and lead you to repentance from your formal cooperation with evil. Mercy is still available from the Church you threw under the bus. Get yourself to confession and be reconciled to God and the Church before persecution hits the land.

3. daniel

if fox is joking, it is an expensive joke. one should know what he or she jokes with, well as catholic christians, we have received the Holy Spirit and let us allow him to lead and direct our lives and let us continue to pray for all those who have not come to know Jesus christ that he will reveal himself to them personally. come oh Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of the faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love, sent forth your Spirit and they shall be created and thou shall renew the face of the earth.

4. Dee Phelps

Ha! None of this surprises me. The entertainment field is the devil's playground. And many in it serve non other than the devil. His minions are ubiquitous not only in entertainment industry, but also in politics, the courts, police, education, and on and on it goes. This is a battle ground people - a spiritual battle being fought all around us every single day of our lives. So put on your "armour" as St. Paul tells us...

"Finally, grow strong in the Lord, with the strength of his power. Put on the full armour of God so as to be able to resist the devil's tactics.

For it is not against human enemies that we have to struggle, but against the principalities and the ruling forces who are masters of the darkness in this world, the spirits of evil in the heavens. That is why you must take up all God's armour, or you will not be able to put up any resistance on the evil day, or stand your ground even though you exert yourselves to the full.

So stand your ground, with truth a belt round your waist, and uprightness a breastplate, wearing for shoes on your feet the eagerness to spread the gospel of peace and always carrying the shield of faith so that you can use it to quench the burning arrows of the Evil One.

And then you must take salvation as your helmet and the sword of the Spirit, that is, the word of God.

In all your prayer and entreaty keep praying in the Spirit on every possible occasion. Never get tired of staying awake to pray for all God's holy people, and pray for me to be given an opportunity to open my mouth and fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel of which I am an ambassador in chains; pray that in proclaiming it I may speak as fearlessly as I ought to." (Ephesians 6)

5. Kathy

I do not respect a man who is trying to bring down this country. His ego is so large, that I think he actually believes what these people are saying. Obama surrounds himself with these kinds of people. Did you not notice during the debates, how stunned Obama looked when Romney actually said things to him, that everyone else has wanted to say. He has been so protected, that he finds it hard that there are people who do not agree with him.

If you are Catholic, and you voted for this man, a man who has nothing else on the agenda, but to create a socialist nation, that mirrors Europe, and to distribute the wealth, and to promote abortion, then you are really not a true Catholic..and shame on you.

How is promoting welfare, helping people? This country has put a bandaid on so many social problems. We have created an invironment to produce children outside marriage. People do not have responsibility, the government will take care of all the problems. Bologna!!!

6. Chris Vandetta

The President of the United States is the highest office granted to any American. The least this website can do is address him by his proper title, "President Obama." Just a simple "Obama" is a disgrace. The words of Jamie Foxx and an oil painting do not in any way reflect the President's views of himself, so what is this website trying to do? Condemning the President for the remarks of others is a moral low. It's blatant propaganda. I am a Catholic and I voted for President Obama, because his promise to maintain programs that aid the undervalued of our society, which the moral teachings of Christ support. Obamacare allows millions of Americans who could not get treatment for illness to now have that coverage. So, would Jesus not support that? Or would he support another tax break for millionaires and billionaires, while cutting programs to aid the nutrition and education of children whose parents cannot afford it? This website and its readers need to take a long, hard look at the teachings of Jesus and themselves.

7. judy claar

faithful2Christ, Thank you for sharing! Your explanation should have clarified many minds.
    I personally, liked: "Opinion/s are Meaningless Unless they Lead To the Truth." I was not going to post on this article. But you did, and you replied perfectly. I applaud your post. Blessings...

8. Karen Sayers

This is the perfect opportunity for Obama to prove he is a Christian by coming forward and declaring he is not the Lord or Messiah but only a mere man. Jamie Fox may have been joking when he said those words, but when it comes time to meet his Maker, he may have a lot of explaining to do. Who knows, since he publicly proclaimed Obama as his lord and savior, he will go to the same place Obama will go when he passes. Unfortunately since Obama is extremely anti-life, that place may not be so nice; but who am I to judge. I only know what the Lord Jesus said about publicly declaring Him as Lord and Savior. The road to perdition is wide and many take it while the road to salvation is so very narrow, as our Lord Jesus stated. It behooves me why Jamie would say something like that to please a cheering crowd, only to loose favor in the Eyes of God. Reminds me of Pilot who did the same thing to please the mob by freeing Barabas and condeming Christ, the Pure Lamb of God, to death. It scares me to see and hear the way people are acting and thinking these days. May Jesus, the Divine Mercy, save us all. Jesus, Mercy, I trust in thee! My only Lord and Savior.+

9. Ron Ricci

Jesus is Lord. He is God and to make this outrageous statement is pure heresy.
    Shame to these actors who use their fame to promote there devilish agendas.
    We must pray for their souls and ours too.
    "Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell. Lead all souls to Heaven,especially those in most need of thy mercy". Amen.

10. Rosa

I understand your perspective, but I highly doubt he was serious. He was joking... There are much more important things to focus on than this. I think people are reading WAY too much into this because they don't like the President.