'I dreamt of becoming a mother. Now I feel like a murderer' Comments

British mother Hilary Freeman was set to welcome her daughter Elodie into the world - until she learned her child would be disabled and might only live briefly if born. She made the decision to abort her child - and has found no solace ever since. Continue Reading

1. ann

no one forces you to murder your baby...she made a choice to murder her live child...because she didn't want a disabled child...and not even a Dr can really tell you if your child is disabled...that is for G-D AND G-D ALONE...I don't have any pity for her...what is sad is that a babies life was taken --- she PLAYED G-D...

2. heirsinhope

Dear Hilary, I pray you seek & accept forgiveness. No doctor should recommend abortion; patients who receive such recommendations must learn to run from such doctors - they are not to be trusted. I hope you now know this & that other women are learning it before they abort their children. And whether you realized abortion was wrong before, during or after, please see a priest for counseling & absolution. If Project Rachel or a similar group is active where you live, speak to them. They can help. God bless you.

PS: Do marry before having more children. Children need stability & sound moral upbringing so that they will be prepared to flee temptations to immorality & worse. Let your children have what you've not had yourself. God bless.

3. Kathy

Wow, this one ripped my heart out. I believe that she thought she was doing the right thing...the baby kicked inside her until it died. I don't think I would ever get over that. I
    pray that Hilary finds peace, and forgiveness. Forgiveness from God, and forgiveness for
    herself.

4. Raymond C. Abenga

Am actually sorry for the lady anyway and i pray for God's forgiveness for her may she find peace, joy and happiness in her subsequent endevours.

5. Jake

I doubt very seriously that this woman was counseled by the medical profession to abort her baby as sooo many of you are assuming.

6. desire

sometimes we are faced with challenges of life that we struggle so much to remember that Jesus is in control, that he knows the end from the beginning!!!!
    Each one of us has gone through situations where we end up choosing wrong decisions, but God is not man.He absolutely understands on which ground you did that and feeling guilty is the work of the Holly Spirit that something like this will never happen to you again.
    Do-not blame yourself, put your hands firmly in Jesus' own and you will die to self and a new Hilary will be born and it wont be you living again but the Jesus who died for you will live in you.

am so sorry that you feel that way but God is utterly in control.

7. Rebecca

Thank you for sharing. I carry my own Anguish from my decision. May you find peace.

8. Judy Claar

Hilary: Thank you for your nice reply, and thank you for your condolences...though I was not seeking them...I was desiring to make a point. I missed it horribly! In thinking and praying about it, I see that an answer, actually two, that I found heartfelt, (though there are many) and in line with my thinking and how I would have responded to you. They are Theresa and Mary. Now that I have re-introduced you to two caring and understanding women, allow me to touch on a personal point that I missed in my prior post.

Theresa actually hit on a point that I evidently did not make clear. I apologize for that, thanking God and Theresa. My missed fact has to do with Theresa's "adverse diagnosis" or adverse advice. No matter how much you researched, or doctors advised you, (and remember, they are Usually, secular and science, or science and secular), they gave you their best Opinion/s. How Devastating it must have been for you! And then, not to hear Love"s Opinion. Concerning my brother: Our family knew Love's Opinion, and we were Over Joyed and at the same time saddened. Over Joyed, because we knew we would have the Love of Life and Joy visit us, but grieved, because we knew we could not keep that Gift of Life. But we did have some time...How Precious! Although some of that time was in the hospital. Hospitals have all the medicines in the world...no one need suffer...this is fact. Everything was Natural. Natural as Nature. There was Love and Intervention where ever, and when ever it was needed. The Intervention did not include Aborting. It was Natural Love and Life and Joy and Sadness and Death and Happiness. (If I need correcting Deacon, please do so). I think this is what Theresa and Mary were saying too, but differently and in their own words, coming from the Loving Caring Understanding organizations/groups that they know of, or belong to.

Between our three responses, I Hope and Pray, we have sent a bit of light and clarity your way. Again, I do not judge you. Always in Truth and Love, Blessings.,,
    ps: It took me longer than I thought to write this. It took me back. Today is All Soul's Day. A day to remember all the those dear departed souls who have gone before us. I have my own personal friends and family to remember. I shall remember dear Elodie...and all those aborted, for what ever reason.

9. Pat Horrocks

My heart aches for this woman. She obviously did not get adequate counseling in making her decision to have an abortion, but was swayed by the opinion of her doctors, which is understandable when you are overcome with grief at hearing such news. If anyone had bothered to listen to her they would have realized that whatever her doctors were saying, she was NOTready to abort. I have known women who made the decision to abort and do NOT regret it, for whatever reason, and that is none of my business. This obviously wasn't the case with this woman. She did not get the support to make the right decision for her. I hope she can find the support she needs now.

10. Niche

p.s., it'd be best to get married, then have more children:) that's the moral and secure and sure way your children will have a better environment.