CORRUPTION? Obama is buying your votes. Obama hands out 20 million free cell phones, free minutes to those on government assistance Comments

A program to provide low-income Americans with free cell phones - including the phone, free minutes and no contracts - has recently incurred the wrath of conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. The irascible Rush was surprised to just recently learn of the program, which has been in effect for awhile and has been dubbed by the public as "Obama phones." Continue Reading

1. Traci

did you know that Ronald Regain Started this program during his presidency with house phones and that Bush Jr is that one that expanded the program to cell phones? This isn't even a program that stated in the Obama administration. Get the facts...

2. John

at least the USA is getting something FREE not all going overseas by the billions

3. a leh han dro

Free communication: Corrupt? Communication, sinful?

4. Rob

Judy, after watching the debate last night and the complete lack of clarity from either, I guess I'm just going to have to fall back to my original plan....time for the new guy. And if things don't improve with R/R, then I'm voting for the dem next time. Just keep firing them until they get it.

5. Rob

Yeah vance, no free lunch from the GOP....that is for small school age children etc right? But if you are a wall street banker we'll bail you out until the cows come home. I can't imagine any political favors were had by any of that. Geez.

6. Judy Claar

Rob, How I understand. It seems our whole body politic seems to be mush! Our whole body politic, instead of serving the people, serve their gods. But 4 more years of Obama?
    All the evil and rhetoric lies he spews? At least R/R will be new. Give them a chance to "Put up or Shut up". Obama can just Shup Up! I thoroughly have had enough of his Mouth, his lies, his evil evolution, his stash and overspending, his incompetent foreign policy, corruption among the poor...not allowing them to "come up"..."feel good about improving themselves", in short,his laughing lying B.S.

Now, not hearing or seeing or experiencing 4 years of R/R I can not say these things. They have not had the chance of 4 years that Obama has. He has Royally botched the Presidency. To me, he has proved he is not Commander in Chief material. A great politician, yes. Why? Because he is a great B. S.er.

Romney, will grow the economy. For both men and women. Romney "gets" how to handle money. R/R ticket is not a Culture of Death. The R/R ticket is not perfect. But I prefer it to Obama. Nothing could be worse than what we have now. Latest: Libya. Obama has blood on his hands. Foreign policy IS not his forte. Too many things are not his forte. R/R deserve a chance, even if Politics are Politics as usual",...things just might get a little better. They certainly couldn't get much worse! For these reasons...and more, I Am voting R/R. We will all watch the Debates tonight I'm sure. At this point I can hardly stand to listen to Obama because of his lies...and we know who the Father of lies is. I will mainly watch to hear what Romney says. I hope it is good. Blessings...

In my opinion, one who is Catholic and voting for Obama must have a hidden reason for doing so... consciously, or unconsciously. Only God knows the Heart. Real self-examination is not easy for a lot of us to do.

7. vance

Obama buying votes? Of COURSE. This is what the Party of Death and Deceit has done since FDR in the 1930's. This how they got the black vote. The Party of Death says, "We will give you 'FREE STUFF' because "We Care". The GOP says, "There's no such thing as a "FREE LUNCH" because the Tax Payers are picking up the tab". Oh, but the GOP are "Insensitive" and "Don't Care" about minorities, POOR, and WOMEN." says the Propaganda Media. We have 16 TRILLION in debt. We are bankrupt as a nation. China is now financing the "FREE STUFF". I shutter to think what will happen when China decides to "COLLECT" on its debt.

8. Rob

Judy, I have talked to a lot of folks who are still supporting Obama despite the ever increasing embrace of things contrary to our faith. They just don't believe the GOP is serious about life. I don't think they are supporting abortion so much as legislatively they believe it's a non-issue, in other words, no matter who wins, nothing will really change. Honestly, I believe that is the scandal that has been created by 4 decades of virtually no movement on the issue. I don't think people are voting for the poor etc so much as they don't believe the talk coming from the other side anymore.

9. Vince

If Bin Laden was killed over 1 year ago WHY do we have troops still getting killed and their lives on the line daily now when Obuma could of pulled our troops home?

To OBUMA and all those brain washed that Obuma's incompetency, clueless leadership, lies, and failures constantly attempted to shift blame for 4 years it was Bush, Congress, and or Repulicans is Bush's the fault for all our soldier deaths in Afghanistan now too?

FAST AND FURIOUS.

To OBUMA and all those brain washed that Obuma's incompetency, clueless leadership, lies, and failures constantly attempted to shift blame for 4 years it was Bush, Congress, and or Repulicans is this Bush's fault too?

Free cell phone with monthly minutes increase spending by Obuma.

To OBUMA and all those brain washed that Obuma's incompetency, clueless leadership, lies, and failures constantly attempted to shift blame for 4 years it was Bush, Congress, and or Repulicans is this Bush's spending fault too?

10. Judy Claar

@Paula of 3 Days Ago: It saddens me to see another Catholic voting for Obama Only because of the poor. That is Not what Catholicism is all about. Catholics who vote Obama strictly because of the poor have not done a thorough self-examination of themselves, or Obama, or the Doctrine of the Holy Catholic Church.

It is true that the Catholic Church is big on the poor. Our Catholic Hearts are big on the poor. However, Jesus, believed in the Ten Commandments of Moses. He also added His Two Commandments to the New Testament, which is the Sum of the Total Ten Commandants, leading us into a new era. It is one of Love and Responsibility of the Human Person=either Alive and in the womb, or Alive and out of the womb.

Obama is NOT for Life in the womb. He is NOT for the Poor in the womb. Therefore, it makes NO SENSE to vote Obama. Your post is contradictory to Catholic teaching. If you do not believe me, may I suggest tenderly, as one sister in Christ to another, to visit your priest, or do more Catholic reading. Prayerful Blessings...