Caroline Kennedy's False Witness: Who Will Speak for the Church? Comments

There were a lot of bad speeches at the Democratic National Convention, but Caroline Kennedy's speech was the low point in many ways.  She got up on a national stage and used her professed Catholic faith to justify and actually demand the preservation of grave evils that the Church explicitly condemns.  She presented lies for the truth, and tried to justify it with her Catholic faith.  I've been hoping to hear some strongly-worded ... Continue Reading

1. Randy

Well said Mrs. Hartline. I have prayed, not for a bigger Church with a larger membership, but rather a small more devout Church. I too speak up for The Church and speak out about injustices, but I do not have the gift of words as you do. I thank for saying exactly how I feel.

Randy.

2. Samantha Mulliger

This will probably be wildly unpopular, but I feel I must say it anyway. I personally abhor abortion and would not be in a homosexual relationship. However, that is my choice, my beliefs, and my faith. What others do, say, and believe is between them and God alone. My job is to care for them regardless and leave the recriminations and judgment to God alone.

3. David

The bishops need to speak out without fear of political consequences. We are the Church Militant not the Church of Nice.

According to canon law public figures who witness contrary to Church teaching must be denied communion. Blessed John Paul II stated the following regarding Canon 915: "The judgment of one's state of grace obviously belongs only to the person involved, since it is a question of examining one's conscience. However, in cases of outward conduct which is seriously, clearly and steadfastly contrary to the moral norm, the Church, in her pastoral concern for the good order of the community and out of respect for the sacrament, cannot fail to feel directly involved. The Code of Canon Law refers to the situation of a manifest lack of proper moral disposition when it states that those who

4. Dennis

Rock on Jennifer! True faith requires strength and courage. Keep it up.

Again, sodomy is not marriage. Killing children is not a right. Words mean something!

Sweet Caroline is leaving a bitter taste. Nothing sweet about lies and deceit.

5. Joseph Ajah

It is a shame how all the wrong things are being elevated in the society and we all look away, pretending not to see. What is wrong is wrong and it is time for all of us to be that voice we're hoping to hear. God bless you Jennifer.

6. Andrew M Greenwell

There are too many Catholic whitened sepulchers running around. Catholicism, while it has its traditions and culture, is not a tradition or culture. It is a relationship with a person, Jesus, and the relationship is both intimately individual (I-Thou) and corporate (through the Church) (we-Thou). It is impossible for a Catholic with an authentic attachment to Christ and his Church to take positions--particularly in public--that deny both Christ and his teaching Church. Strong words directed to Caroline, but merited words. God bless.

7. Patricia Fox

OUTSTANDING, BRILLIANT article. Thank you for being a voice for our faith!
    Hope you don't mind, I forwarded this article to Fox News and Bill O'Reilly!!!
    I'd love to see you on tv standing up for our Catholic Faith and for Woman!!!

8. Lindangel

Thank you, Jennifer-what a powerful article! I also watched Caroline speak at the DNC. I know her grandmother, Rose Kennedy, was "rolling" in her grave by what her granddaughter said and to see what her granddaughter-has become-a socialist. And socialist hate God and the Catholic Church and Rose was a very, very, devout Catholic. God help us all-if Obama gets re-elected.

9. TheRose

The Book of Proverbs 5:1-14 states a warning against Adultery. Please reread these words in the light of spiritual adultery and then apply to the article above and the perception thru the eyes of the writer of Proverbs. "My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge. For the lips of an adulteress drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave. She gives no thought to the way of life; her paths are crooked, but she knows it not. Now then, my sons, listen to me; do not turn aside from what I say. Keep to a path far from her, do not go near the door of her house, lest you give your best strength to others and your years to one who is cruel, lest strangers feast on your wealth and your toil enrich another mans house. At the end of your life you will groan, when your flesh and body are spent. You will say, "How I hated discipline! How my heart spurned correction! I would not obey my teachers or listen to my instructors. I have come to the brink of utter ruin in the midst of the whole assembly." The writter of Proverbs, chapter 5 concludes in verse21-23,"For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths. The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the cords of his sin hold him fast. He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly." O, that we, of the Faithful, see others such as those spoken of in this article, are at a great risk of spiritual death of themselves and of those who receive their words as truth. We, of the Faithful see ones who seek to bring forth divison within the Church of Jesus Christ, such as the attacks upon the Roman Catholic Church's Moral Standards, appear to have such folly in their acts of terrorism even upon the Cornerstone of the Church. Many who are in the throws of apostasy have not read the Holy Scriptures themselves nor compute in the deep vaults of their empty minds what saith the Lord God who they claim by His name...Galations 5 verse 19 begins , "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy; drunkednness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. " Promotion such as thru the avenue of leaders, spokespersons for the behaviors that is against what saith the Lord, fit the shoe of Spiritual Adultery thru the advocating and promoting immoral acts of impurity as in homosexuality and advocating crimes against humanity as in abortion, and promoting the utililization of pagon/witchcraft ways that are against God. Galations 6 begins, "Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each others burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions...." Verse 7 begins,"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. " Those who were spoken of in this article, mock God and, therefore, blaspheming the Holy Spirit is in process. And as the Holy Scriptures say that the most unforgiveable sin is the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit. Pray for those who are deceived, who are in the flesh and not in the Spirit, who mock God and glorify themselves and bow down to a king who is, also, used in a game of deception by the Father of Lies for they are blind and will burn in hell for eternity. Do you not smell the aroma of meat roasting ? They each are on a thin thread held over the fires of hell ready to be snipped in a moment of time for their rebellion and the keeping of a reprobate mind. Pity them but be joyful that you, the Faithfu,l see for if God is on your side, who can be against you? By their fruits, you will know them. Peace in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen

10. No Way

I really don't think that any Catholic church official is going to condemn any of these "fake" Catholics. I think they know that the majority of Catholics are on the side of these public officials and may be more concerned about a reduction in weekly offerings more than publicly correcting them. That's probably what it boils down to...money. Otherwise, what else would stop the church officials from publicly correcting the public officials ?