Courageous Woman: My Choice for Life Comments

After Roe vs. Wade abortions were legal and easy to get. Planned Parenthood clinics were abundant and easily accessible. Abortion had become the instant quick fix nationwide. I was impressionable, lacking in hard-core common sense and ignorant when it came to the knowledge and insight that comes with age. Had I been then, the person I am now, I would have told Terry to get lost. Instead, heartbroken and crushed, I unwittingly let him drive me to ... Continue Reading

1. robert matzinger

What a great story from the great lady, who despite her early youthful failings, never closed her heart to God, and therefor her heart was touched by God. And blessed her with wonderful children and grandchildren!

I wonder if president Obama is aware of that such women of faith as this not only exist, but flourish?

2. Judy Claar

Judy, Thank you for sharing a story that speaks volumes on more than one level. Your story backs up the questions I posted, on the article of "Sterilization". You mentioned that you were still a child at 15. How you really did not know what certain things meant, yet you thought that you knew, but you did not. You mentioned going in to have the procedure, and what it was like, all alone. Your story is ripe, and full of information. Thanks again for sharing. Cherish Today...

3. Elysha

Thank you for sharing!

4. Dee Phelps

I am so very happy to have read your story. The great and beautiful gifts of life that you received and were blessed with following your decision to NOT get an abortion is testament of the goodness and Love of God. Such joy with their laughter and lives...

How helpless and sorry I feel that many more women have not made the decision you did. We can only pray they find peace and forgiveness of self and reconciliation with the Lord. Let us also continue to pray that these many wrongs that governments procure will be made right in the sight of our loving Creator. For already the cup of chastisement runs over...how can we expect reward when so many innocent lives cry out from the ground to their Lord? I pray for conversions of hearts and a return to God. Thank you for remaining faithful.

5. Judy Schulte

Susan, I never was a Catholic. I've been a Methodist for about 30 years.

6. Michelle

Oh, goodness, abortion is so evil. All the missing people from our lives. I'm so happy to read your story, Judy!

I became pregnant at a young age, also. The father wanted me to get an abortion, too. He was wicked about it. At the time, my current husband and I were friends. I told him the whole story. He said for me to not dare get an abortion and that he would take care of me and the baby, and he has to this very day, 25 years later. (My parents were supportive, his were very concerned about it, of course, but it all worked out. He and his parents have loved this child as their own.) I never saw the "father" again. I know God blessed me with my husband...not many men left like him.

Our daughter is now married with a beautiful little son of her own. We wouldn't have our terrific son-in-law and grandson if I had killed her in an abortion. I cannot even imagine such an evil act. We would have missed so very much.

7. Susan Rotondi

Thank you for choosing Life. But are you no longer Catholic and now Methodist? Odd twist. Are you sure this is God's will for you?

8. Branagh

Great story. Thank you for sharing.

9. abey

For it was/is/ to be said "Be fruitful & Multiply" meaning in Quality & in Quantity, through keeping His word . For it does not profit at all to go against the word of God, even for experiments sake(as man propagates through his generations, it is the duty of the older to get the younger ones read," Parents to Children", to avoid pitfalls in terms of experiments & experiences for its sake or for any sake) only to a loss of precious time by the origin, for unto all things is the Appointed time.

10. jh

What a beautiful, uplifting story! Thank you, Ms. Schulte, for telling us your experiences. May God bless you and your family.