Pope Paul VI and The Prophetic Witness of Humanae Vitae Comments

Just a few years after Humanae Vitae the wedge of artificial birth control was driven so deeply between the marital act and human procreation that it spawned the unspeakable evil of legalized abortion in the U.S. under the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. The logical extension of the contraceptive mentality is the abortion mentality. One has to wonder, what is next? Continue Reading

1. Judy Claar

Oh my dear Jo Ann, I have thought the same thing, but dared not almost to think it! If I do , I pray. It is so eerie like I said. Ominous. Foreboding. And yet, the world has lived through crisis before. Is not WWII worse than Now? Of course, there are the appearances of Our Lady...all for mankind to change their ways. And then, who wants to be an alarmist? I must go now, but always in prayer. Prayerful Blessings...

2. JoAnn

Judy: If we are truly in the end times, we know which way it will go. It will get very ugly. Like I said, I believe this world is in the "Great Apostasy" and we are in for a major purging. I also believe that the 4th horseman of the apocalypse is now riding and the one -world governance is almost complete. We are already soliciting the United Nations for just about everything we do. Our wonderful Constitution has been cast aside. There is a treaty called the "Arms Trade Treaty" that the UN is trying to get passed and our congress is supposed to vote on it. If they pass it, that would mean the the UN will be in charge of all our guns and will start calling for the surrender of them from all our citizens. Remember, the 2nd amendment will be null and void if this treaty is passed because we are no longer under the US Constitution. You know how much this administration wants to eliminate our right to carry guns. There is much much more but I can't get into it right now. God bless.

3. Judy Claar

Jo Ann, ...As Pope B. said,..."we are in Spiritual Warfare"...and I guess that means praying for those in our parish as well as our Church and for those hardened of hearts, living in and of the world. I am surprised though, at Catholics in Church who behave so horribly. Because they Do know R e s p e c t. And the way that they acted, was down right rude in my book. For certain, they are falling, and need prayer. These are the people we pray for. For those reading this post, it sometimes takes an adult person or persons, a while, especially "our little era", to grow up. That is, to understand. If you know someone like that, please pray for them, and help them as you are able. Because it is more than likely, that they will fall under the snares of Secularism. And I do not think that we as Catholics can afford that. As far as the journalist and the newspaper: Sad. NO RESPECT. NO ENLIGHTENMENT, but their own. Which way will our nation go???
    Prayerful Blessings..

4. JoAnn

Rob: All I know is that, it is the Republican party that is pro-life (as a whole). We need a majority in the Senate and House and a pro-life president. Nothing can be done if we keep voting in RINO's and Progressives. For instance, the Republican party tried many times to get partial-birth abortion outlawed. Everytime the bill came before a Democratic president, it was vetoed. Clinton vetoed it many times. Finally, when Bush got in, the heinous procedure was outlawed. Bush was known as Planned Parenthood's worst nightmare. Now, we have Obama and everything Bush did in the fight against abortion has been reversed by this evil man sitting in the president's chair today. Not all Republicans are pro-life but most of them are. You are right, it is our responsibility to vote for the right people. You have to remember, no one really knew what Progressives are. At least now, people are getting more educated politically. But there are many people out there that have evil and selfish hearts. They CHOOSE to do evil. I'm sorry, but I cannot blame our priests and bishops. Catholic's in name only will do what they want no matter how much "preaching" they receive. I've witnessed that myself in my own parrish. RINO's and Progressives in both parties will never do the right thing because they care too much about money and power. "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams "The sum of all is, if we would most truly enjoy the gift of Heaven, let us become a virtuous people; then shall we both deserve and enjoy it. While, on the other hand, if we are universally vicious and debauched in our manners, though the form of our Constitution carries the face of the most exalted freedom, we shall in reality be the most abject slaves. Samuel Adams Satan has been alive and well on this earth and he is especially working very hard in these end days. There is a hole in the soul of America and we TRUE Catholics, to our dying days, have got to try and fill that hole with love. Voting our Catholic Faith in the big elections isn't enough. We have to be very careful who we are electing in our local elections, because it is those electees that influence the direction our own city and states are going. Some of them will even end up in Washington. The Democrats of our parents and grandparents are no longer the party of the "little people." We have allowed them to become our "masters" and they sit in Washington laughing at all their slaves. After fighting for our freedom for so long, we have voted ourselves back into slavery. God bless.

5. Rob

JoAnn, I just wish that our vote on the 5 non-negotiables was actually something a politician acted on. Seems the only people that take those seriously are we voters trying to vote our faith. There seems to be no acknowledgement of these other than words from politicians we keep sending to DC.

6. JoAnn

Judy: Some Catholics haven't changed much either. The Assoc. Pastor in my parish gave a wonderful sermon on the HHS and our religious freedom. When he was finished, about 1/3 of the people applauded. I looked around the church and it was sad to see that the rest of the people were just sitting there like bumps on logs. Some of them had disgusted looks on their faces. Last year he gave a sermon on the 5 non-negotiable issues that Catholics are supposed to vote against. When he was through, he got a standing ovation from about 75 people. A few people walked out. One of the couples that walked out while Father was speaking, I could hear the guy say "He's not going to tell me how to vote." The next day there was a write up in the local newspaper (very liberal) about how the priest was telling us how to vote and if we didn't, we would all go to hell. Father didn't say anything of the sort. The journalist that wrote the article kept calling Father "Mr" instead of Father. After Mass, as I was leaving, I shook Father's hand and told him it was very brave for him to do what he did. Father said, "I wasn't being brave, I was just doing my job." I love my parish. God bless.

7. Judy Claar

yes Jo Ann, Catholics were critical...and we know the reason why. They wanted their own way. It was a new time, a new era. One of Freedom. Who needed the Pope across the sea to dictate what should be done in the bed room.
    It's interesting how this same type conversation (not out and out vivid murder) of Freedom Argument goes on. Pope B and Ven. John Paul II do seem to know the same things as Pope Paul VI, I just think he took it more to heart? Like being sad. But one must not mistake quietness for sadness. And perhaps he had both. My husband and I had the honor to be blessed by him in Rome.Our popes are under such heavy burdens. They have the weight of the world on their shoulder...They indeed are carrying Christ's Cross.
    Who cares what people think? I know, and you know, what you know. We will be happy and explain it! Blessings...

8. abey

Likewise they mocked the Prophets of 'ole, all the more today, for they least understand that the "Testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy".

9. Gertrude Helfta

A television documentary showed proof that sex has an effect on the brain much like heroin does. Sex for pleasure is lulling the nation to sleep! Pope Paul knew what he was talking about! As I understand Catholic beliefs the pope is in direct communication with God our Heavenly Father; maybe we should try listening to him!

10. Theresa H

Brad and Monique, I hope you have taken up reading (and even re-reading) Bl. Pope JP II"s "Theology of the Body," itself. His exposition is much more uplifting and inspiring--in line with Sacred Scripture and traditional Catholic writings concerning the meaning of the "spousal" and "procreative communion" of husband and wife--which are inseparable and very much greater--beyond the physical pleasure to which West dedicates unseemly expression in his book.