Pope Paul VI and The Prophetic Witness of Humanae Vitae Comments

Just a few years after Humanae Vitae the wedge of artificial birth control was driven so deeply between the marital act and human procreation that it spawned the unspeakable evil of legalized abortion in the U.S. under the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. The logical extension of the contraceptive mentality is the abortion mentality. One has to wonder, what is next? Continue Reading

1. Judy Claar

Rob, Peace I say to you: I must say I was quite taken back by your comments to Jo Ann and myself. I personally did not think the "blast" warranted. We are Catholics. Let us live up to the name. I do get that you partially let loose because of Jo Ann's chastisement of the the word hate? In your speech to Jo Ann, you let everything come out through that post. Maybe Jo Ann's comments were too much for you for what is going on in your life? I do not know. I can tell you that a long time ago, I was admonished by a priest for using the word hate. He suggested that I use the word "dislike". Now I could go on about that story but I won't. As far as everyone having there own thoughts and ideas...I think we both get that. And, I think we are all Big enough to disagree with the person and still respect them, like you said. You do not think that of Jo Ann and I? I do not recall name calling.I, my friend, am not a pretender. I know who I am. I consider myself to be a well-informed person knowing the difference between fact and fiction. (Not boasting)
    Another thought. Catholicity Mentality: @20 yrs. old:@ 40 yrs.old; @60yrs. old;@ 80 yrs. old....
    If you do not like that word, what about "mindset". I want to get my point across, yet I do not want to set another trigger. Think in your mind really "what" that trigger was and deal with it, if you have not already. You need not tell me. In our perception, of this mixed up, messed up world, we are modern day graceful=(meaning, not young spring chickens), women warriors for Christ's Church. Church comes before politics. But, in order to know Church And politics, one has to study. And then try to enlighten others with what one has learned. Like Evangelization. We always Evangelize. And to keep our country free etc., we support that man who best serves country and Church. I agree, Santorum seemed like thee man. Jo Ann and I supported him and said why, and tried to back it w/facts.
    Now, it is Romney. No, he is not my choice. But he is Pro-Life. And that cinches it for me. As for you and others, of course, you can answer to God for your own conscientious choices and decisions . It has always been that way. "There is nothing new under the sun."
    Jo Ann's statements on reading the Bible were Very Good. She also mentioned that most are Christians on this board. I think that is true.
    If it is the news getting to you, may I suggest NOT watching it, and tuning in to only CO? One doesn't get the drama and theatrics that way. And, one is still informed. And read the Readings and Homily before you start reading the news. Blessings..

2. JoAnn

Rob: I'm not going to prove you wrong. I agree with you. I just don't believe that in the most important election of our time, now is the time to start cleaning house. We started doing that in 2010. We should have started doing that 50 yrs. or more ago. But cleaning house starts in our local elections. If we don't send the corruption to Washington, we won't have corruption in Washington. I know we say every year that it is the most important election ever. But when you have a choice of an American or a communist, the choice is a no brainer. To start cleaning house now at the great risk of losing our country, as I said, is foolish. I think I remember you saying you had a family. What kind of government do you want your children living under? I don't know how old you are but I'm not really worried for myself. But I don't want my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren living under a dictator. I know, I know, you don't believe that will ever happen. Believe me, it can. Communism has been trying to take over this country since its birth. Americans thought it could never happen, so we got lazy and apathetic. Well, it's at our doorstep and I don't want to see all the blood and sweat that made American "exceptional" go down the drain. I've seen maps on how the world is going to be divided up. No. Amer. is #6, So. Amer. is #1. When Obama said that he was happy to be in "Asia" when he was in Hawaii recently, that was no gaffe. I know the end has to come sometime, why is it impossible that it could happen now. I know you are not buying into this being the end of days, but if we believe in prophecy, how can we not see the signs. Especially, with the attack on faith. That is 1930's Europe to a T. Just promise me one thing. Please do a lot of praying & discernment and get spiritual guidance regarding your concerns. Open your mind to the possibility that I and others could be right because some of us have seen and heard about this before from our parents and grandparents. God bless.

3. Rob

JoAnn, I'm sorry that it comes off that way. I guess I am just completely disgusted with the entire process already. I'm sick of pretending these people care about us, the country let alone God. These guys worship power and money and use social issues to manipulate and divide us. How on earth can we explain the utter disaster we've allowed these guys to preside over and yet keep sending them back? These guys are the country's new royalty. As I was assisting in organizing one of the fort night for freedom rallies in our city, I couldn't help but think why aren't we protesting the removal of everyone currently serving?

At what point are we going to say that choosing the lesser of two evils is a choice we are not willing to make anymore? At what point are we going to see these guys for what they really are, call them on their real priorities and clean house? At what point are christians going to get back to the businesses of saving souls and worrying less about the antics of politicians? From the top down we can't even keep our own house and order and we expect to change the country? Who are we kidding? It's almost as if we've become the people in Jesus's time who just couldn't believe that Jesus did not come to be their military king.

I know that as Catholics we are called to change the culture, but at some point we are seriously going to have to ask if what we are doing is working? I say it is not. Please prove me wrong.

4. JoAnn

Rob: I really don't know how to respond to your comment. Your words are startling. Maybe someone else will respond. I'm totally speechless. God bless.

5. JoAnn

Judy: One more thing, have you ever heard of St. Malachy? He was an Irish Bishop from the 12th century. He died in 1148AD. Anyway, according to his biographer St. Bernard of Clairvaux, in his book "Life of Saint Malachy," the saint was known to have the gift of prophesy and had even predicted the exact day and hour of his own death. St. Malachy was canonized in 1190 by Pope Clement III. While in Rome in 1139, St. Malachy is said to have gone into a trance and received a vision in which he foresaw all the popes from the death of Innocent II until the end of time. Afterward, he wrote a few words about each pope and gave the manuscript to Pope Innocent II, who is said to have deposited it in Vatican Archives, where it lay forgotten until it was discovered in 1590 and published. At the time, some questioned its authenticity and it has been the subject of debate ever since. The manuscript contains 112 prophecies, which scholars have matched with each of the 110. popes and anti-popes since Innocent II. Surprisingly, St. Malachy has been completely accurate up to our present Pope Benedict XVI, who by the way is our 111th pope. At the time of the above mentioned scholars, John Paul II was still our pope so they didn't know the name of the next pope. All they knew was that the 111th prophecy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The meaning of the olive is unclear. The Order of Saint Benedict - not St. Malachy - has claimed that this pope will come from its ranks and St. Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its final fight against evil. Our present pope took the name Benedict. Have you got chills yet? IF St. Malachy is correct, and no one doubts that he isn't considering his accuracy thus far, the next pope will be the end time pope. Isn't that exciting? Compare St. Malachy with the Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser and his 7 ages of the Church, we are in for a very bumpy ride. Look them up, it's amazing I don't believe Rome has declared the prophesies authentic but it sure is interesting considering St. Malachy's accuracy and what is happening at this time. God bless.

6. Rob

JoAnn, I see the truth fine as I've never argued that our country has been steadily working towards it's own demise for decades. No arguement from me there. But what I will not do is pretend that somehow this is all on Obama. Part of being free is being able to think as you wish. If he wants to be a socialist, have a world view that differs from me, you or other posters on this board, reject God, be a Muslim, etc....he is absolutely entitled by the very constitution that somehow he is constantly accused of burning. When I look at Obama, I see nothing more than an opportunist. He just latches on to things that were already in play. Gay marriage....already in play. Contraception (even amongst Catholics) already in play. Everytime I hear that Obama raised the debt 5 trillion dollars I want to scream as we don't want to talk about why, never mind the actual civics lesson that most Americans need regarding our finances. Abortion, sadly, already in play. And folks, these aren't things the government is cramming down our throats, but our citizens are choosing. I think we forget that. We act like this is some sort of movie and the government has cast a spell on us and eliminated our brains. Nope, people know darn well what they are choosing. JoAnn, I get where you are coming from and believe it or not, I have read the books. And for the most part, we are going to have to agree to disagree on what you are preceiving from them. Given how you perceive Obama, I understand how you see it, but then again, so what? His world view is different and that is no crime. His life story is different. Mine is different from yours...we will see things differently. This is why we have elections. And there is no question that our founding fathers had a lot more virtue than these idiots we have in office now, but they were not perfect. There are several books I've read on the black American experience during those times....they paint a slightly different picture as you might expect.

But to your point, I've seen posters on this site state that Obama was born of hell. What is that, sure isn't love? Or if we say he's a marxists socialist whatever a hundred times that it's true? Regardless, he is still OUR president. Maybe I was just raised differently, but I can disagree with the man and still respect him. And perhaps it's a decade in the military that causes me to respect the office, regardless of who is in it. But for whatever reason, the day that man took office he has been shown nothing but disrepect and opposition like I've never seen.. When Mitch McConnel said his number one goal was to ensure Obama was a one term president, that pretty much summed up how the next four years would go. I would prefer they all make their number one goal righting this disaster we find ourselves in. I personally am not buying these party's BS anymore.

Judy, pretending that one party is better than the other does no one any good. I didn't vote for Obama first time and can can't vote for him this time obviously. But I'm sure as heck not voting for Romney until this man starts to speak about what he is actually going to do. So far it's just a bunch of fluff. Everything Santorum and Gingrich said about this man is absolutely true and did not vanish because he became the nominee. So yes, I actually think I can do better based on what I know today.

7. JoAnn

Judy: Thanks, Judy. Sometimes I feel I'm all alone out here. It's great knowing other people, such as yourself, Theresa H. Vance and a few others are enlightened also. There is another report you can dowload that is very eye-opening. It's "Global Trends 2025: A Transformed World." It is an unclassified report by the National Intelligence Committee (NCI). Also, frightening. God bless.

8. Judy Claar

Jo Ann, Thank you for your posts 4 and 5 days ago. They were Superb! Yes, I have studied and read the Manifesto. I will admit it was a while ago, English 101 if you can believe that!...Why he picked that for reading material was puzzling. (At the time). We had to read, respond on paper, and then dialogue. I don't recall being swayed...just...and here is the "just," thinking that, like the youth of Germany, or the young now, (at least the part we read in college) "Gee, that doesn't sound That bad, But, I thought: I Like our Country just the way it is." It was sort of like a facade and control all mixed together as I remember. What I see now, was an over liberal progressive English Professor, taking advantage of young minds. Because as I recall, their was NO study to Downplay the Manifesto to how great is our Constitution. As to the other, you wrote about, I shall put it on my list. Thank you also for the posts of two days ago. I most certainly enjoy, your Truths being backed up with facts. And that you invite others to be enlightened, asking them for our country's sake, and our Church's sake, to take the Time to raise their heads from the sand to See who they are voting for. Theresa H., yourself, and I, have all three voted for Santorum. But we must accept its time to move on! Santorum was Pro-Life and Rep. Now it has to be Romney and Pro-Life. What you posted 4 or 5 days ago to Rob was Right On. The books you have mentioned are Superb! Brothers and Sisters, These books are printed as Non-Fiction. Read and Know who you are voting for. Jo Ann, about the 4th Horseman: yes, it is nearly a world order. Prayer Blessings...

9. Judy Claar

Rob, Do you really think, from the bottom of your heart, voting for a third party, that you know will automatically lose, that that is the Best You Can Do for this Country? Blessings...

10. JoAnn

Rob: Usually one that uses "hate" a lot is one who refuses to see the truth. They call truth "hate." You forget, I'm a senior, senior citizen (the repeat on senior is to emphasize my age) and I have seen a lot. By God's grace, I have been on this planet for a long, long time. You say there are a lot of 1/2 truths and conspiracies posted here. If that's what you think, you have not seen the actions of Marxists, Socialists and Communists or heard their words in the past. From the very beginning, before Obama was even elected, I knew who he was. All you had to do was know history and then listen to him. This man is no Christian and he is not a person that believes in our Republic and its values. My family calls me the eternal student because I am always studying and reading anything I can find that pertains to history, both Church and American. You see, I love this country and remember when it was great. But for the last 100 years or so, it has been "progressively" changed into a country that has turned its back on God and truth. Soon we are not going to be able to practice our Faith at all. Our founding fathers warned us of this. Our Constitution will only succeed if a country remains virtuous. George Washington warned us of having political parties. Obama has promised to "fundamentally transform" our nation and he is just about finished with it. I'm not saying that he is doing it alone. He has had help for over 100 yrs. But he is the one that will complete the mission. Actually, I believe that he is the instrument that God is using to teach us a lesson. I pray that if enough people wake up and come back to Him, He will give us a reprieve. Maybe not. I think He has lost His patience with us. We have thrown God out of our lives and out of our country and He is giving us enough rope to hang ourselves. Read up on Bartholemew Holzhouser and the "Ages of the Church." There are 7 ages and we are in the 6th age, which by the way, brings the great chastizement. The 7th age, of course, is the age of peace and the time of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I have recommended a lot of reading to you, I don't know whether you have pursued the books or not. I tend to believe that you have ignored the suggestions because you continue to defend a man and an adminstration that is doing the work of the devil. Satan and his legions are all over this world and you can't or won't recognize it OR agree with it. You are too obsessed with economics, debts, and parties. I'm trying to show you that there is something more sinister going on other than political squabbles. Read Daniel, especially chapter 7, Zacharia, Revelation, Isaiah. I read the Bible all the time and, and as I mentioned, I have someone I can go to with any questions. But there are many apologists you can get answers from. Try Scott Hahn, Jeff Cavins, & Tim Staples to name a few. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you. There are nothing but mostly Christians on this board. Just because they voice their opinions about the direction this country is going does not make them hateful. In stead of calling them hateful or unchristian, why don't people that disagree with us do research on what we say. If we disagree with a liberal, we are either hatefulf or racist. God bless.