Professors Publish Philosophy Books
University of St. Thomas Center for Thomistic Studies has reasons to celebrate this summer - three of them. Faculty members Dr. Steven Jensen, Dr. Thomas Osborne and Dr. John Knasas each wrote books that are being published by the Catholic University of America Press.
Jensen, associate professor of philosophy, wrote "Living the Good Life: A Beginner's Thomistic Ethics" which presents a brief introduction to virtue and vice, self-control and weakness, misery and happiness by contrasting the thought of Aquinas with popular views, such as moral relativism, values clarification, utilitarianism, Kantian deontology and situation ethics.
Osborne, associate professor of philosophy wrote "Human Action in Thomas Aquinas, John Duns Scotus, and William of Ockham" which sets out a thematic presentation of human action, especially as it relates to morality in the three most significant figures in Medieval Scholastic thought.
Knasas, professor of philosophy, wrote "Aquinas and the Cry of Rachel: Thomistic Reflections on the Problem of Evil" which explores Aquinas' philosophical thinking about evil and brings the results into discussion with the contemporary theodicies - philosophies of the problem of evil.
The Center for Thomistic Studies is the only graduate philosophy program uniquely focused on the thought of St. Thomas Aquinas in the United States. CTS was founded on the Church's insistence of the perennial value of the thought of Aquinas as the new millennium proceeds. For more information, contact 713-525-3591 or email@example.com.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- University of St. Thomas Honors Research Goes 6 Feet Under
- What the devil?! Bill Gates wants your college info so he can tell you what classes to take
- Two Cardinals, a Theologian and a Historian to Lecture at the University of St. Thomas
- Women Succeed in UST Engineering, CUA is New Partner
- Mardi Gras King, Queen Exemplify UST Mission
- 40 Celts March for Life in Washington
- GRACE Goes International With Irish Teachers
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?