Bob Barker to host 'The Price is Right' on his 90th birthday
Drew Carey had assumed Barker's hosting duties since Barker's retirement
Celebrating his 90th birthday, longtime "The Price is Right" host Bob Barker will once again encourage audiences to "come on down!" Barker will take to the stage one more time since his retirement from the long-running game show in 2007. The when and where will be a surprise for the studio audience while the show is taped at the old CBS Television City studio.
Barker's one-day appearance will air on his birthday, December 12, during a week-long tribute. Honoring Barker's career as an animal rights activist, "Monday through Friday we're going to be doing pet adoptions, which is something Bob did on the show for years," Richards explains.
Barker will also help place a puppy up for adoption, he will also take part in a special Showcase presentation featuring prizes that honor the benefits of reaching 90. Such as? "Being treated well," Richards says. "And you'll be treated incredibly well on this trip to wherever... It's intended to show off just how hilarious Bob is and let him have a little fun. We couldn't be more excited!"
"The Price is Right" remains daytime's Number 1 show, Richards feels confident making one more announcement: "I'm officially extending an invitation to Bob to come back for his 100th birthday!"
It must be noted that things weren't always amicable between Barker and the show's producers. Hosting the show for 35 years, Barker was snubbed to participate in the game show's 40th anniversary special. Barker said the show's producers "chose to ignore me, which is fine."
Barker was shown in several clips but was not invited to appear on the program or attend the taping. "They haven't even offered me a DVD," Barker said at the time.
Barker thought he was omitted from the anniversary show "because I have been critical of them for giving away prizes that I consider inappropriate."
He complained to producers for awarding tickets to Sea World and the Calgary Stampede as prizes. Both organizations "are notorious for animal abuse," Barker said.
Drew Carey assumed Barkers' hosting duties following his retirement and has hosted the show since.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More TV News
- Sexy Santa on TV's 'Glee' draws outrage from moms
- MSNBC host Martin Bashir leaves after MOST inappropriate comment - or was he really fired?
- A news channel cannot subsist on news alone: Radical changes coming to CNN
- Founder of Trinity Broadcasting network, Paul Crouch dies
- Bob Barker to host 'The Price is Right' on his 90th birthday
- Longtime TV favorite Marcia Wallace passes away at 70
- ABC commentator George Will to switch to Fox News Channel
- Duck Dynasty Breaks Cable Records: Robertson Family Moves Hearts with Authentic Christian Faith
- The verdict's in: Judge Judy highest paid person on TV
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?