Producer gives sneak peek into fifth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movie and 'Top Gun 2'
Super producer Jerry Bruckheimer promises that a lot of surprises are in store this summer season
With "The Lone Ranger" arriving in movie theaters shortly, producer Jerry Bruckheimer has been in full battle mode promote the film. Speaking to the press, Bruckheimer offered a few sneak peeks into "Pirates of the Caribbean 5" and "Top Gun 2." Here's just some of what Bruckheimer had to say.
What can audiences expect in the fifth 'Pirates' movie, other than Johnny Depp as the irascible Jack Sparrow? Producer Bruckheimer says the new film maintains the previous movies' mixture of high-seas adventure and supernatural horror.
"We saw ['Kon-Tiki'] early on, maybe six months ago, and I saw some of their other work, which I thought was terrific. That convinced me," Bruckheimer said.
"They were interested in doing it and they flew over and we showed them a script that we were working on and they had really amazing ideas."
What can audiences expect in the fifth Pirates movie, other than Johnny Depp as the irascible Jack Sparrow? Bruckheimer says the new film maintains the previous movies' mixture of high-seas adventure and supernatural horror.
At least part of the fifth film will shoot in New Orleans. "We're certainly going to be filming in Louisiana because of the tax breaks and I think there might be a sequence there. But it will also be set in the Caribbean, obviously."
As for "Top Gun 2" -- Bruckheimer says it's still being worked on. The one thing Bruckheimer says is that Christopher McQuarrie, of "The Usual Suspects" is no longer working on the script. "He's working on Mission: Impossible 5," Bruckheimer said.
"We're at a point right now where everybody wants to make it. For a while it was Tom was excited about it but the studio didn't want to commit of the studio is excited and Tom didn't want to do it. And that's been going on for 30 years now. We're at a point where the studio is excited and Tom is excited."
"Pirates of the Caribbean 5" will be in theaters July 10, 2015 and "Top Gun 2" could be flying in right behind it in the near future.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Movies News
- 'Fast & Furious' star Paul Walker killed in 'possible street race'
- 'Catching Fire' sets November opening box-office record
- 'Catching Fire' is expected to do just that, at box offices worldwide
- You get to keep that DVD - forever! Blockbuster Video to shut down altogether
- Captain Phillipps, el nuevo filme de Tom Hanks, retrata heroísmo de marino católico
- 'Gravity' holds on to the top spot this movie weekend
- 'Gravity' has substantial weight with $55.8 million for first weekend
- Long lost Three Stooges short found in Australian garden shed
- Long-lost silent film starring Mary Pickford unearthed by carpenter
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?