Actress Leah Remini leaves Scientology; says she was coerced, bullied
'King of Queens' star rapidly fell out of favor with Scientologists over innocent question
Leah Remini, star of the hit TV series "King of Queens" has left the Church of Scientology. Remini claims that she was coerced and bullied by her fellow Scientologists after asking an innocuous question at the 2006 wedding of Tome Cruise and Katie Holmes.
Actress Leah Remini went on to say that the Church of Scientology subjected her to years of "interrogations" and "thought modification" for questioning leader David Miscavige's rule.
Former Scientology Celebrity Center head Tommy Davis abruptly told her, "You don't have the [obscenity] rank to ask about Shelly." Former Sea Org member, Mike Rinder in mentioning the incident on his blog, noted that Shelly Miscavige has not been seen in public since 2007.
Remini "was put through interrogations and blacklisted within the church that she donated millions to and that her family has spent their lives in. She was put through 'thought modification' for five years," an unnamed source said.
Remini went on to say that the Church of Scientology subjected her to years of "interrogations" and "thought modification" for questioning leader David Miscavige's rule.
Remini is also reportedly leaving the church because of policies that don't allow parishioners to question Miscavige's management or the reported abuse of members of its Sea Org religious order. She says that Scientology forces followers to "disconnect" from family members branded as "suppressive persons" if they choose to leave the church.
"It all began when Leah questioned the validity of excommunication of people," an unnamed source says. "She is stepping back from a regime she thinks is corrupt. She thinks no religion should tear apart a family or abuse someone under the umbrella of 'religion.'"
Remini's friends within the church had reportedly for "25 to 30 years wrote internal reports" about her that "caused an investigation on her family."
"She's from Brooklyn. The church can't hurt her . they don't have her family, that's all that matters to her." And, "It's not about wanting or not wanting to do Scientology . The issue is that [Miscavige] is taking down this church and hurting people and families."
Actress Katie Holmes left Tom Cruise last year in what was a "daring escape" to avoid Cruise's Scientology friends. Divorcing Cruise, Holmes later re-embraced Catholicism.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Celebrity News
- Alec Baldwin blames homosexual conspiracy over his show's cancellation
- Noted TV psychic Sylvia Browne dies at 77
- 'Seinfeld' actor Al Ruscio dies at 89
- 'Daughter' of comedian Andy Kaufman says he's still alive
- Painter Francis Bacon's triptych breaks record at art auction
- Fans stunned after promoter acquitted in Michael Jackson's death
- 'Patriot Games' author Tom Clancy dies at 66
- Actor Jack Nicholson speaks out against abortion
- Legendary broadcaster Sir David Frost dies at 74
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?